Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ti. coil shock for Mojo or Mojo SL?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  derby 
All in your list fit if they are 7.875 x 2.0 in size. There is not an expressed warranty restriction to using a coil shock. But of course if you damage the frame due to improper fitting or bottoming or other shock related failure, whether coil or air shocks, it would be up to to Ibis to determine how or if it would be warrantied.

I'm very satisfied with my '02 Vanilla RC tuned by PUSH Industries for the Mojo's wheel rate. After trying a few steel spring weights I bought a ti spring on eBay for $100.

If I was buying a new coil shock for the Mojo I'd get a Marzocchi World Cup and get it tuned for the Mojo by PUSH. The early Vanilla RC is just as finely tunable as the Marz WC by PUSH, but the early 7.875 size RC's are rare to find. PUSH can shorten the stroke of a 2.25 shock if a 2.00 is not available.

I'm curious to try the Cane Creek Double Barrel, or Avalanche with LSC/HSC/LSR adjust to learn more about tuning damping balance for different conditions. However, PUSH has far more experience than anyone else tuning shocks for a DWL and they own a Mojo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.