Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing my ti bolt kit and new links. There's one bolt i'm not 100% sure about, size wise it fits the lower link. However if i use the washer it would seem too short. Do i forget about the large washer on the lower link, or is the bolt for somewhere else, the only other possible place it fits on the bike, is the coloured non-quick release seat binder

Here's a pic with the old bolt and washer on the left and the ti bolt on the right

Here's the bolts in the kit:

4 * upper link bolts
Upper shock pin and associated bolts
Lower shock bolt
2 * bottle cage mounts
and the 1 in the photo above

·
flow where ever you go
1,526 Posts
According to what you wrote, there is no lower link bolt included. The picture could be very deceiving so it's hard to know for sure which bolt it is. Based on how short it looks, I would guess bottle cage bolt or upper shock bolt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 2 bottle cage bolts identified, they're much smaller and there's a pair. The upper shock bolts were attached to the shock pin so it's not for that either.
It seems it must be a lower link bolt, it's just a fair bit shorter than the one it would replace! I tried installing it with the washer and it seems to screw in more than enough that i'm not concerned about it loosening. I'll get the tape measure and see how much shorter it actually is.....

·
The MTB Lab
2,556 Posts
I didn't include Ti water bolts on my chart since I use plastic inserts instead.

The bolt kit should include this:

4 Ti Upper Pivot Bolts
1 Ti Lower Shock Mount Bolt
1 Ti Upper Shock Pin
2 Ti Upper Shock Pin bolts (or water bottle holder bolts)
1 Ti Lower link bolt

Looks to me to be the lower link bolt. They originally came with a hex head, but Ibis seems to have spec'ed the Ti kit with tapered heads or shallow heads or button heads.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everybody, it must be the lower link bolt (there's only 1 of them.) It's noticeably shorter than the steel one, but it seems to fit fine even with the washer.

p.s the coloured links are VERY NICE, i just need to order my Hope Ceramic bottom bracket in red

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.