Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to get home @ 5:30, build it up and be at the trail for team ride at 6:30. Totally doable, but moots threw a curve ball at me. The brake cable guides aren't your typical snap on/zip tie. They are closed, so the brake cable will need to be disconnected threaded through the guides and bled before I can hit the trail... I'm going to try though. Though it will be a sexier solution in the end... I hate bleeding brakes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
awesome man! Congrats... I received a box just like that 2 weeks ago so I know the feeling :) Also ran into the exact same problem with the brake cables! ha! Luckily I opened the box at the bike shop and noticed before I left and they got it taken care of for me.

Can't wait to see some pics of it out of the box!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, super stoked for you. Not about the Moots, anyone with enough $$ can have a Moots. But, YOU got a refund from Dean. Now, that's something you don't see every day!
Please don't let this become a Dean bash thread... it's not deserved... those guys were very honorable through that whole process. I find it hard to believe they don't stand behind their products, because they showed me that they were ready and willing to do everything in their power to make the customer happy.

I'm still sad that bike didn't turn out... it was, and still is, the most beautiful bike I have ever touched. This one will be a distant second. But it's still F'n nice.

·
Plays with tools
4,658 Posts
Wait a minute, does Moots put those type of brake line mounts on all of their bikes?

Seem rediculas to me, why would anyone want that type of brake line mount? Having to bleed your brake to run through?

Mojo
Because that's what Paragon Machine Works sells them?

The only thing that's bad about those cable stops is the initial setup. Since you normally have to trim brake lines for a brand new build it's really not an issue except to your lazy home mechanic type. Other than that they are the ideal situation. They keep the housing in place but allow it to move freely as the bars rotate. What I wish they would do is to put a similar stop in the middle of the top tube so you don't have to put a zip tie style stop there.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.