Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Jeronimo cycles from Spain can do custom fsr ti frames, and has a sweet 160mm one, don´t know about dw patents, though,
Good thing about them is they can build you a custom geometry and you can specify them things such as desired leverage ratio, pedal kickback and stuff, and they model it for you.

you might wanna ask them ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ti full suspension bike ??? Ti is generally advertised as a compliant material. Two reasons why one will usually not see Ti in a Full suspension bike: compliant (want stiffer materials for full suspension carbon, aluminum), and expensive. If you are looking for full suspension one show be more interested in the frame being stiff as hell. Only compliant part of bike should be the suspension. My two cents.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ybb

Sonoran_Flyer said:
Ti full suspension bike ??? Ti is generally advertised as a compliant material. Two reasons why one will usually not see Ti in a Full suspension bike: compliant (want stiffer materials for full suspension carbon, aluminum), and expensive. If you are looking for full suspension one show be more interested in the frame being stiff as hell. Only compliant part of bike should be the suspension. My two cents.
Thanks everyone for the input.

Sonoran_flyer: True: AL or Carbon is probably a better frame material for a full suspension bike, but what can you do when you are afflicted with a longstanding Titanium fetish? I've had full suspension bikes in Ti (Moot's Cinco), Carbon (Mojo SL) and AL (a bunch) and really couldn't tell much difference in amount of frame flex --once things start moving around who's to say if its the frame or the suspension.

I was about the pull the trigger on a design where the frame intentionally flexes such as the Moots Mooto X YBB, but I just can't quite convince myself that intentional frame flex is as good as suspension.

·
Slow But Still Pedaling
484 Posts
amishscum said:
You might wan't to take a look at the Funk LaRuta. Not DW, but it might tickle your ti cravings.

http://www.funkcycles.com/la_ruta_bike.php
Or the BS stHighlight or the Generic Cycles posted in another recent thread! I'm not sure I buy the "don't use Ti for a FS frame" thing either - I'll admit to knowing bupkus here, but it seems to me you should be able to tune the suspension to absorb the big hits while the Ti helps absorb vibration and chatter but still feel lively.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.