Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was too good to wait for a Friday funny.

Can't quite make out who this is - with the DEER around their neck!
Which one of you is this??!!

·
Go ride!!!
73 Posts
bad andy! said:
I

Can't quite make out who this is - with the DEER around their neck!
Which one of you is this??!!
That's me! Can't help it, it's just the way I roll. I am from West by God, you know.

·
Stayin' Puft
1,241 Posts
Roadkill stew...

So dude...a couple years ago I was riding my 'cross bike up Daniels Park road on the dirt section by the golf course. There was a dead Elk lying by the side of the road, and a guy pulled over in a pickup truck bent over it. He had his knife out, and was cutting the teeth out of the Elk to take home. I asked him what was up and he said "them's Ivory"...

I don't know, where That Guy is from that sort of stuff is prolly normal...

·
hehe ...you said "member"
1,121 Posts
canyonrat said:
Roadkill stew...

So dude...a couple years ago I was riding my 'cross bike up Daniels Park road on the dirt section by the golf course. There was a dead Elk lying by the side of the road, and a guy pulled over in a pickup truck bent over it. He had his knife out, and was cutting the teeth out of the Elk to take home. I asked him what was up and he said "them's Ivory"...

I don't know, where That Guy is from that sort of stuff is prolly normal...
I'm usually not an out of the gate sceptic, but that anecdote seems to have more a an Alabama flare to it...;)

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
I know this is going to sound sarcastic, but that pic gives me an idea. What if we gave homeless people beach cruisers, taught them how to prepare an animal, and let them gather all the road kill (or drop it off at a convenient location for them to pick up). Think about it, food, clothing, clean roads. What's not to like about it?

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Guyechka said:
I know this is going to sound sarcastic, but that pic gives me an idea. What if we gave homeless people beach cruisers, taught them how to prepare an animal, and let them gather all the road kill (or drop it off at a convenient location for them to pick up). Think about it, food, clothing, clean roads. What's not to like about it?

Isn't there a time limit to how long it sits? I'm not a hunter but I always thought you only had an hour or less and that's why you have to dress it when you kill it.

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
schnauzers said:
Isn't there a time limit to how long it sits? I'm not a hunter but I always thought you only had an hour or less and that's why you have to dress it when you kill it.
That could be a problem, but you have to figure that during the winter it will last a lot longer. I can't imagine it going bad for half a day. And, like I said, we could have collection agencies that could deliver the meat to a central location. The homeless could be in charge of dressing, picking and choosing what parts were good. All we'd need to do is make sure the meat got to them. Also, once the word got out, I'm sure some people wouldn't mind picking up road kill and delivering it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts