Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
gimme friction
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to start a new thread in case anybody wants to join us.

Meet on Channel Drive at 10 AM, ride some variation of the 'standard' 25-mile loop that sees most of the park.

Slow pace, several bail-out options.

Post-ride consumption at Lepe's or other suitable venue.

I have a question for locals (Guru Atma, Carcasshucker, or anybode else): how is the climb up Cobblestone? Last time I rode Annadel I finished on Cobblestone, and it did not seem like a bad option for getting up to the lake via Rough Go. Just a way to mix it up from the standard Richardson / S. Burma approach. Any thouhts?

·
Registered
552 Posts
The climb up Cobblestone is one of the best in the park. It's pretty consistently graded the whole way up. There's a couple of steep sections, but they're very short steep sections, but they're very rideable. I'd love to join you on the ride, off work this week, but I'm still in the recovery phase from a spill at Rockville where I chipped my collarbone. Still a little sore and weak. Back on the bike very soon, hopefully. Have fun!

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
2 quarry...

Quercus agrifolia said:
I wanted to start a new thread in case anybody wants to join us.

Meet on Channel Drive at 10 AM, ride some variation of the 'standard' 25-mile loop that sees most of the park.

Slow pace, several bail-out options.

Post-ride consumption at Lepe's or other suitable venue.

I have a question for locals (Guru Atma, Carcasshucker, or anybode else): how is the climb up Cobblestone? Last time I rode Annadel I finished on Cobblestone, and it did not seem like a bad option for getting up to the lake via Rough Go. Just a way to mix it up from the standard Richardson / S. Burma approach. Any thouhts?
Is a good 2 mile climb into the park. I like it because it dumps you right at buick meadow.

·
gimme friction
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep

jrm said:
Is a good 2 mile climb into the park. I like it because it dumps you right at buick meadow.
That's what we did. Two Quarry was in great shape.

Lot's of water in the park, the creeks were goin' off.

2 Quarry > Marsh > S. Burma > N. Burma > Lewis > Rough Go > Orchard > Cobblestone. A somewhat abbreviated ride, but perfect for conditions and my sickly body.

Cobblestone was fun coming down, but would have been a mess going up.

Thanks to Carcasshucker for the tour. I'll return the favor next time your up for a Marin ride.

·
Registered
308 Posts
that was a great ride yesterday ! i think we mannaged to stay away from the ugly spots
Quercus was goin off in the cricks - he even ripped one i got off and tried jumpin over .
there were some perfect spots for pics -all the water made some spectacular waterfalls .
the begining of the ride we saw the fog start rolling in and by the end we were riding in it .
so many great opportunities for great pics and we didn't get one - ;) the trail was too much fun . and except for the soggy butt by end i think it came pretty close to perfection .
good to meet ya Neil- :D i'm always down to play in Marin

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
carcasshucker said:
that was a great ride yesterday ! i think we mannaged to stay away from the ugly spots
Quercus was goin off in the cricks - he even ripped one i got off and tried jumpin over .
there were some perfect spots for pics -all the water made some spectacular waterfalls .
the begining of the ride we saw the fog start rolling in and by the end we were riding in it .
so many great opportunities for great pics and we didn't get one - ;) the trail was too much fun . and except for the soggy butt by end i think it came pretty close to perfection .
good to meet ya Neil- :D i'm always down to play in Marin
Hey carcas, I am way over due for a ride up there. Maybe after I get my new brakes in next week we can do a mud ride. That creek on Shultz looked like some fun in the rain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.