Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the mornings are nice to get a ride in before going to work, and papago has great single track and beauty to get our day started right!

meet at the parking lot across from the zoo entrance (west side of galvin pkwy) at 5:15 and be RTR at 5:30. route tbd by time constrains, stamina and skill levels.

please post if you'z coming! come on, git atta bed!!!!

(below is a pic of andre's first flight from yesterday's somo ride:thumbsup: i love my 29er! )

K

Attachments

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
umbrous: that be the place! good guess!:thumbsup:

aztortoise: sleep is overrated;:sleep:
riding is more important!:D :D

K

·
Registered
15 Posts
How much trail is out at Papago? Is there a "loop" of a couple miles? Singletrack? I just moved here and as its right across the street from my work I should probably check it out...just didn't know if it was worth checking out.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you're into super technical stuff papago is not for you. the trails are all single track and i've done ~12 miles in two loops. one around the golf coure (the easiest) to warm up, around the three buttes and then another loop across the street towards the zoo and down past the jumps towards curry road. lot's of ups and downs.

check out a thread i posted not long ago called "lower papago, the trails less traveled". (i don't know how to add a link here.)

come check it out, that way you'll know for sure!!
i drive a dark red element.
K

·
Unrepentant Cowboy SOB
652 Posts
I'm assuming Andre is the bike....Did you put Angus out to pasture?

Absolutely great pic..even if the wheels look suspiciously large to me.

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
akitadogg said:
I'm assuming Andre is the bike....
good guess, sherlock!!;) the bike is andre - the rider is kaboose - the car
is reagan - the dog is oakley... you get my drift??:D

akitadogg said:
Did you put Angus out to pasture?
now, why does evr'yone keep asking me the same question??:confused: ?
i know i'm not the only one out there with multiple bikes!! angus is not
going to pasture. as a matter of fact, he's going on a ride tonite, so there!!!:prft: :prft:

:D K

·
Unrepentant Cowboy SOB
652 Posts
kaboose said:
good guess, sherlock!!;) the bike is andre - the rider is kaboose - the car
is reagan - the dog is oakley... you get my drift??:D

now, why does evr'yone keep asking me the same question??:confused: ?
i know i'm not the only one out there with multiple bikes!! angus is not
going to pasture. as a matter of fact, he's going on a ride tonite, so there!!!:prft: :prft:

:D K
The fame of angus precedes him!! I had a black angus I alternatively called black beauty/black beech depending on how many fences she had gone through...
a lot of truth to the grass is always greener on the other side

I don;t understand the car name though

mine's Moby Dick the great white whale...the one before that was the primer grey whale

I think my Kona dawg should be named Hamm's since it is like Sky Blue water and the first beer I got tuned on.

I hope it rains tonight

edited for spelling (twice)

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
r39205 said:
I'm still out of town, off in Denver visiting the CUTEST nephew ever, so I won't be there. Great pic, though!
WHAT? you started your new job 3 weeks ago and already went on vacation?? i wanna work there! do they need a technical writer?:D

i hope you took logan and got a mtbike ride while in cool colorado. let me know when you get back home girl.

K

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like fun

We have been getting some morning rides in at Papago this week so look for the red sugar at o' dawn 15.

I have to leave around 0630 to get ready for work (across the street from Papago) :D

Cheers Eric

·
im4Gsus
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
minneso said:
We have been getting some morning rides in at Papago this week so look for the red sugar at o' dawn 15.

I have to leave around 0630 to get ready for work (across the street from Papago) :D

Cheers Eric
that's gr8. see you in the morn
:yawn: :sleep: K

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.