Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off on Thursday and was looking for a ride. Anyone else off and want to do a nice 20-30 miles?

First idea was Medio Dia. I haven't done that this season. Start at Dixon's and do the loop. I could be convinced to do REM, East Fork, SBT, etc. I'm also thinking of moving to Sandia labs so I wouldn' mind hitting something like Faulty/10k, etc.

Any suggestions out there?

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
i may be IN...

traveling to NM tomorrow from Louisiana for a couple wks in Alb...

Will prolly bring my Racer X and my singlespeed.

·
Bandolero
2,438 Posts
This Just in...

Rotmilky said:
I'm off on Thursday and was looking for a ride. Anyone else off and want to do a nice 20-30 miles?

First idea was Medio Dia. I haven't done that this season. Start at Dixon's and do the loop. I could be convinced to do REM, East Fork, SBT, etc. I'm also thinking of moving to Sandia labs so I wouldn' mind hitting something like Faulty/10k, etc.

Any suggestions out there?
You'll want to go north, as Faulty/10K will be closed come Monday.

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
i hit The Foothills this morning on my ss trying to get used to the elevation... fun coming here from 135' above sea level... hahaa...

*gasp*

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So...anyone else in for this? So far it seems to be me, Bryan, and maybe Nate. With East mtns closed, looks like a Cochiti ride. Tentatively Medio Dia.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Plan...

Meet at Dixon's at 9am. Gotta get my beauty sleep ya know;)

Route:

Up MD to unknown ST going towards Bland ( never been ). Explore from there. I would like to include Killer SB's if possible and maybe we can somehow loop it if I can navigate the roads on the south side. Either way should be an epic. I will call Maka sometime today to get some direction.

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
I have no idea where any of these places are.. i know where Taos is and I know where Angle Fire is but that is about it.

I can drive if someone wants to car pool from the LL/Alb area.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
MTBNate said:
I have no idea where any of these places are.. i know where Taos is and I know where Angle Fire is but that is about it.

I can drive if someone wants to car pool from the LL/Alb area.
Cochiti is up I-25 roughly half way to Santa Fe, west of the highway, and just west of the Rio Grande.

HERE

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
MTBNate said:
gottcha! Is this the place for Thurs?
Not for me - but indeed, sounds like the fellas are rallying. The trails and Dixons are in Cochiti.

Bryan - early is good. Monsson Season has just started, so by 1PM the clouds are looking pretty big lately! Be careful, and be ready to beat a hasty retreat if needed!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Been there, done that...

Thanks for the heads up Glenn. That is something I had not thought of and Cochiti is prone to some pretty strange weather. We will keep our eyes peeled for a potential weather situation.

Nate-- knob and I will carpool with you. Meet at Bernalillo Park & Ride at 8:15am?

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Thanks for the heads up Glenn. That is something I had not thought of and Cochiti is prone to some pretty strange weather. We will keep our eyes peeled for a potential weather situation.

Nate-- knob and I will carpool with you. Meet at Bernalillo Park & Ride at 8:15am?
i have a rack for 2 bikes on my reciever hitch, we can probably put the smaller inside my FJ with one of the rear seats folded down... unless someone has a Thule T2 extension then i can haul all of them on the back.

Pretty sure we can fit a bike inside tho.. :)

i have an all back fj cruiser with a Titus Rx on the back.

the park & ride is there right off i25 where one would exit to go to White Mesa right?

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Correct.

...and Bruce is used to being stuffed in the back.:D
Ouch!!

LOL!

By the way, i hope this route is mostly xc cuz i have none of the dh/huckster skills that you and your bro's have.. but i will take pix!

:p

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Map...

Here is a map of the area (sorry no topo), but it gives you an idea. I am not so good at paint and since some of the trail is not shown on the map I guessed at some of the intersections.

Edit: Anyone notice how close you are to Los Conchas TH from the upper part of Medio Dia Canyon?

Attachments

·
Int'l Man of Leisure
3,268 Posts
wow! looks great!

what kinda distance are you guessing that is?

I am gonna have to bust out the big camelpak! :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.