Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ups guy just dropped off my Vicious Cycles Thunderwing frame today! Finally after 6 months of waiting and 3.5 months over the original delivery date it is here.

In my haste of bringing it to my lbs to build it up I didn't get to take any pictures but I will when I get it back (hopefully today).

Nolan

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I wanted a custom fatbike in steel and geometry to fit my Maverick fork and Vicious had no problem doing it. Plus Carl (the owner and welder) builds bikes to handle the east coasts rocky, rooty terrain. The fact that we are only 3hrs away from each other was definately a bonus.

The build:

Fork: Maverick DUC32 with echo 46mm trials rim
Crank: Race face with enduro ceramic BB, e-thirteen turbocharger
Rear wheel: Vicious GFS rim with Hope 150mm hub, enduro ceramic bearings, "New" Endos

Sram X-9 der and shifters, Avid jucy 7 R and Elixer cr F, Titec H-bar, Eggbeater pedals, Thomson post, pure v seat.

I am running into some small problems with the fork top crown size. Apparently the fork I got off ebay had the wrong size so the right one hopefully will be arriving tommorrow.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, I love the bike and it is my first bike that truly fits me. It did take about 6 months to get but in hindsight it was worth it. Just came back from a 2.5hr ride and I have to say it rides amazing! It is 37lbs but for such a big frame and a dh crank it is not so bad. I definitely don't feel it.

It is an Endo and it is a Maverick DUC32 with a 46mm rim. I don't think I would put on anything bigger than 50mm rim because it may rub the sides when the suspension is fully compressed due to the baseball type legs. The for is sweet, incredibly stiff and very lightweight.

Nolan

·
Registered
681 Posts
Incredible bike, nolan17! What size is the seattube of that frame? What's your inseam? I'm just curious because it looks really tall, and I'm in the pre-build phase of my own fatbike, which will probably be huge as well...

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW! Very Cool, The front end has that Moto Harleyishtic look going-on between the sweept back bars down through the long suspenstion tubes to Endos mounted on the Echo 46mm rims. A very nice looking Thunderwing, It's good to know this class of trail rim matches well with fatties bothe asethicly and functualy. I recently had a wheel set built for my Brodie hardtail MTB with 47mm Try-All rims skined with Kenda 2.60" Telonex DH tires. Here's a pic I took of them over last Thanksgiving I took befor having them laced up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.