Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
grant aka thumper won the sport class today in nathrop. not to bad for his first mtb race ever.

oh ya, i won the expert class.

and chris meyers sp?, a local springs ripper got third in jr.

the weather was perfect, all you candya$$es who thought it was going to rain missed out.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
bikeandski said:
Nice work Grant, go Mojo Wheels! Woot :D

Good job on the win yourself!
Yeah - the weather was awesome! And as for Mojo Wheels, we fully represented. Almost *all* of the Juniors were racing for Mojo Wheels and Sam from Mojo won the junior class, too! It was a blast. Bettah watch out next week at the Mountain States Cup!

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
Congrats!

.thumper. said:
Yeah - the weather was awesome! And as for Mojo Wheels, we fully represented. Almost *all* of the Juniors were racing for Mojo Wheels and Sam from Mojo won the junior class, too! It was a blast. Bettah watch out next week at the Mountain States Cup!
Good job, Grant. Guess you didn't need the track time, eh?
Let me know when you're going this next week.

·
Registered
434 Posts
nice

what kind of race was this? What is the start of the Mountain states cup you wrote about? Is that the race up at Fort Collins? Glad to hear that you guys ripped it up. Gonna try to make it to the race at Fort Collins this weekend, see yous guyz there

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Rally Blue said:
what kind of race was this? What is the start of the Mountain states cup you wrote about? Is that the race up at Fort Collins? Glad to hear that you guys ripped it up. Gonna try to make it to the race at Fort Collins this weekend, see yous guyz there
Race in Fort Collins isn't MSC, it's just a separate thing. It's on the 7th. more info at www.road34.com, should be a lot of fun. Congrats to all on the finish today. Wish I could have gone. :( Hopefully I can make it to Chalk Creek but I doubt that I can do the DH race at Fort Collins AND that. :(

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
s1ngletrack said:
Nice - congrats! Hopefully I'll be joining the fun shortly here.

Did ya race the new Enduro in the MTX Grant?
I'm wanting some race pics....

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
s1ngletrack said:
Nice - congrats! Hopefully I'll be joining the fun shortly here.
So - you will start racing 4x this year? I really think you should. It was a total blast.

s1ngletrack said:
Did ya race the new Enduro in the MTX Grant?
I did race the new Enduro. I brought up my P.2 instead, but 4x is really about being the first out of the gate and into the first turn and my Enduro is about 4 lbs lighter than the P.2, so I used that one. Oh - and I think the suspension helped a bit on the parts of the course that I still didn't quite get dialled.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Rally Blue said:
what kind of race was this?
This was a 4x race: four racers at once down a track with jumps, gaps, tables, berms, minefields, and midgets. Races are run in heats and the first two finishers in the heat move on.

Rally Blue said:
What is the start of the Mountain states cup you wrote about? Is that the race up at Fort Collins?
Next weekend the gravity events start for the MSC at Nathrop in another 4x race to be held on Sunday. The race in Fort Collins is something totally different.

Rally Blue said:
Glad to hear that you guys ripped it up. Gonna try to make it to the race at Fort Collins this weekend, see yous guyz there
If practice for the MSC 4x is not allowed on Saturday, I will try to make this race, then run out to Nathrop for the 4x race on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
singletrack said:
Grant = Sandbagger
This was my first race on a mountain bike. Sandbagging would have been entering the beginner class.

singletrack said:
Josh still sucks.
Agreed.

singletrack said:
/This is my just got home from the bar message, just for yinz.
// I've got the h-line dialed now, beyotch.
Glad to hear it. I still love your avatar from your last attempt on it!

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
.thumper. said:
This was a 4x race: four racers at once down a track with jumps, gaps, tables, berms, minefields, and midgets. Races are run in heats and the first two finishers in the heat move on.

Next weekend the gravity events start for the MSC at Nathrop in another 4x race to be held on Sunday. The race in Fort Collins is something totally different.

If practice for the MSC 4x is not allowed on Saturday, I will try to make this race, then run out to Nathrop for the 4x race on Sunday.
I know the info is out elsewhere but anybody know off the top of their head how much the Nathrop one costs? And can we register sunday morning?

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
.thumper. said:
So - you will start racing 4x this year? I really think you should. It was a total blast.

I did race the new Enduro. I brought up my P.2 instead, but 4x is really about being the first out of the gate and into the first turn and my Enduro is about 4 lbs lighter than the P.2, so I used that one. Oh - and I think the suspension helped a bit on the parts of the course that I still didn't quite get dialled.
Not sure if I'll be racing 4X at all this year. I've raced it a couple of times in the past and the part you mentioned above about the race hinging largely on one's exit from the gate, coupled with the significant amount of carnage I've witnessed in all of the classes, have kind of cemented the idea of 4X as a crap shoot in my head. Maybe I should quit my whining and give it another chance though...

I am looking forward to DH and particularly Super D.
Crypto slaying earth raper said:
Josh Sucks
Do I suck like Primus Sucks? Because that'd be cool. :)

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
s1ngletrack said:
Not sure if I'll be racing 4X at all this year. I've raced it a couple of times in the past and the part you mentioned above about the race hinging largely on one's exit from the gate, coupled with the significant amount of carnage I've witnessed in all of the classes, have kind of cemented the idea of 4X as a crap shoot in my head. Maybe I should quit my whining and give it another chance though...

I am looking forward to DH and particularly Super D.

Do I suck like Primus Sucks? Because that'd be cool. :)
Super D is gonna be sweet! Especially since I've got the AC now. :D

Hey Grant how do you like the 36 so far now that it's broken in? I've been thinking of getting one for my AC but since its so much money (even at the cost prices) that I'm gonna have to save for a while. :p

·
Registered
434 Posts
well then

Just checked my schedule and I'm out on Saturday, and the Fort Collins race - work. How long does it take to get to Nathrop. Sounds pretty fun to me. About how much riding do you get in on a race day with 4x. Assume 4 races or so?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.