Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big thumbs up for forum sponsor Bicycle Wheel Warehouse. :thumbsup:

My new wheelset arrived today within 6 business days of order placement. The packaging was superb. I don't think UPS could have damaged them if they tried. Build quality appears to be excellent and I fully expect them to hold up great. I did have to inquire about tracking information but they responded within 24 hours which is good enough for me. They threw in a water bottle and some BWW decals as a bonus.

Can't wait to get them on my Trek and hit the trails. Once the trails dry out some that is....

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Rim Spoke Bicycle part
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
I got a set of there Pure XCR rims and hubs and they are great so far. I just changed bikes and I wanted to swap my setup to the new bike and I need a 15mm hub which mine was currently a 9 mm QR. I sent the wheel back to them and they charged me 70 bucks for a new hub relaced and shipped back. The new hub is convertible from 20mm all the way to 9 mm QR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
Hotwhls said:
I got a set of there Pure XCR rims and hubs and they are great so far. I just changed bikes and I wanted to swap my setup to the new bike and I need a 15mm hub which mine was currently a 9 mm QR. I sent the wheel back to them and they charged me 70 bucks for a new hub relaced and shipped back. The new hub is convertible from 20mm all the way to 9 mm QR.
Pretty much the same set-up as I have. Nearly 1 year of riding on them, very happy with them

-E
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
Pedro S said:
The packaging was superb. I don't think UPS could have damaged them if they tried.
Shhh. UPS will take that as a personal challenge.

Looks like a good, solid, set of wheels.

JmZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,083 Posts
And you've removed the cassette to verify this, or you're just guessing because there hasn't been an explosion :D What cassette are you running? If you run an XT, XTR, PG990 with the spider you won't have issues, if you run cassettes like the Deore, LX, PG950, PG970 they will eat into the freehub - not a question, a statement of fact!
EricD4 said:
Not as of yet, probably over 2,000 miles on the wheels so far.

-E
henryvc said:
Have you had any problems with the aluminum freehub body being chewed up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,908 Posts
Triple Thumbs Up to BWW!

I picked up a new handbuilt set from BWW with TN719's, Shimano M756's, red alloy nipples, and DT Comp spokes for $220! It was the exact same wheelset as what I wanted except $101 cheaper. For those that don't know (and now that I have my wheelset :) ), check out the BWW forums and for the Classified section. BWW sells new, prebuilt, unridden, wheels in 26, 700, and 29'er sizes.

I think the wheels I purchased are actually the ones pictured here in the image gallery:
http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.co...id/city-touring/comfort-bicycles/prod_80.html

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
309 Posts
LyNx said:
And you've removed the cassette to verify this, or you're just guessing because there hasn't been an explosion :D What cassette are you running? If you run an XT, XTR, PG990 with the spider you won't have issues, if you run cassettes like the Deore, LX, PG950, PG970 they will eat into the freehub - not a question, a statement of fact!
Yes, I'm on my second rear casette on an XT hub and have used one SRAM 970 and one SRAM 990 so far, no wear issues at this point.

-E
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LyNx said:
And you've removed the cassette to verify this, or you're just guessing because there hasn't been an explosion :D What cassette are you running? If you run an XT, XTR, PG990 with the spider you won't have issues, if you run cassettes like the Deore, LX, PG950, PG970 they will eat into the freehub - not a question, a statement of fact!
What's the problem with the free hub on the XT M756 hubs? I am running a low end SRAM cassette, an 820 perhaps. Should I upgrade my cassette while the hub is still new?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,039 Posts
Pedro S said:
What's the problem with the free hub on the XT M756 hubs? I am running a low end SRAM cassette, an 820 perhaps. Should I upgrade my cassette while the hub is still new?
He was talking about the aluminum freehub on the XCR hubs that a couple people were mentioning. The steel freehub on your Shimano hubs will hold up just fine with that cassette
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top