Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to get an answer from Thule with no luck since I cant find my proof of purchase at this time. I bought the rack at a local bike shop years ago and the receipt is MIA.

Anyway my question is regarding the knob that you tighten to secure the rack into the hitch. I'm just not sure if mine is normal behavior or not and cant remember if its always done this.

When mine gets tight theres a point it wont tighten anymore - but if you attempt to make it tighter the mechanism starts to slip/click. Is this normal and a built in feature to not overtighten or is the mechanism on my rack worn out or something else? I just want to make sure its safe and properly affixed.

Would appreciate any feedback or if anyone knows a fix!

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is not normal, it should just tighten and stop. Some of the other knobs they have ratchet out like a gas cap on your car but not this particular one. Your know is likely broke internally and will probably get worse. Where are you located?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shop I bought it at years ago was somehow able to dig up a receipt. As soon as I provided that to Thule they were able to answer and send me out a new wishbone. Hopefully it wont be the lock barrel thats the issue because they said I have to reuse my existing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.