Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which to get, I can get a deal on both. Just wondering if anyone has any plus's or minuses for both. I"ve seen both, but haven't used either. Any info can help. going for the 2 bike 1 1/4. Thanks

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
spoker247 said:
Just wondering which to get, I can get a deal on both. Just wondering if anyone has any plus's or minuses for both. I"ve seen both, but haven't used either. Any info can help. going for the 2 bike 1 1/4. Thanks
Sportworks T2 all the way, have mine about 9 months & it's awsome. The anti sway on mine works properly but i have read about some hitches that it off by a bit & cant be used. It's very easy to mount & dismount bikes, when driving down the road & railing corners the bikes stay solid. The only thing i would suggest is to run a cable from chassis of vehicle through bikes while transporting. Why well it's very easy to dismount a bike at a stop. No i didnt learn the hard way luckly, just sitting at a stop looking in the rear view mirror when it smacked my upside the head, i could loose my bikes sitting here! If you go into a place to eat or something i suggest wraping a good lock around them again to make it even harder to attempt stealing. Yes you can buy a locking pin but you can unbolt 2 of the hinge bolt & carry away the rack then deal with the rest later. Another reason to use the vehicl chassis as a base for the safety lock. :D

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
My next T2 upgrade..

Is going to be a brake light mounted on the end of the rack. I can use the pig tail that came OE for a trailer. Im really tired of people driving right up to the rack when im at a light..

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
jrm said:
Is going to be a brake light mounted on the end of the rack. I can use the pig tail that came OE for a trailer. Im really tired of people driving right up to the rack when im at a light..
Been doing that for 3 years. My last one was from a license light for moto's, that one kept getting full of water & shorted out. My curent one is a Givi trunk mount light that i velcro to the frame of last bike. Yup that works wonderfull, when you see morons running up your rear you tap the brake & they fade back :cool:.

·
Adobo Lover
985 Posts
I bought my Hookup just before Christmas. Locks at the hitch(locking mechanism sold seperately). The Thule T2, I couldn't find locally. I've owned both brands in the past. The hook up is 10 dollars cheaper. The t2 has a locking mechanism at the attachment for the wheel which the yakima does not. However, my thinking was it is easy just to undo the QR of the front wheel so it might be pointless for that feature. I rarely leave my bikes unattended but I agree with everyone else that a seperate lock run through the frames to the frame of the car would be a better security feature. The way they designed and sculpted the trays on the hookup are cool. Heavy but cool!!!! A little stiff in the ratcheting system in the back but secure. American (not sure if the rack is actually made here) vs Swedish company . I try to support US companies as much as possible. My sis already ran into it when it was folded. No signs of damage. :( I'm very satisfied with the purchase.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I have the old Sportworks Mod and have been extremely happy with it. When I bought it (single bike version) I was the only one in the family that rode. Now, the wife is considering a bike and my daughter (3 months old) will be wanting a bike soon :). I might have to sell it and my 1 1/4" hitch to upgrade to a 2 bike version with addon tray and a 2" hitch.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
Thule bought Sportworks

and have discontinued the T2, according the the Cdn distributor...no T2 replacement until summer. I emphasize was told this, but don't know how accurate it is.

Jim

·
Adobo Lover
985 Posts
Your right, Sportworks T2 was the basis for the new racks that are coming out. I was looking into buying a t2 by sportworks until they got bought out by Thule. Couldn't find a lbs with one I could look at. I've always had good racks from Yakima and from Thule(VW top rack, the fit was better). Thought I would try something new and went with the Yakima. Did the price for the t2 increase from what it was with sportworks? Thule list it for 360 now?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.