Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The end of innovation, takeover by the evil empire.

BTW this is my 4th try at posting today, usual result is
"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /data/data01/web/html/files/includes/functions_search.php on line 197"

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
I had an older hitch rack where the company was sold to Thule and then I couldn't get parts for it. Hope that doesn't happen with Sportsworks, I like my rack...the guy who started Sportworks must be doing pretty well now!

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
Don't knock Thule

Sportworks didn't have to sell to Thule. I'd be more mad at them than Thule. Its not like Thule came in with guns and knives and said "Sell us your company or we'll kill you!" They probably waved the right dollar amount in front of the owners and the rest is history. That said, Thule's always done okay by me. When they took over Carite (spelling?), who used to make the boxes for them, Thules boxes got easier to use and easier to install, and if its important to you, they're made in America. I'm looking forward to the Thule Hullavator for my sea kayak, even if it is pricey as heck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.