Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body know a method to tighten up the pivots on Thudbuster seat posts? I contacted the Cane Creek folks and they said earlier models cant be fixed, and newer models cost 35.00 plus shipping to rehab.

Is there a way to press those bushing tighter, or maybe drill them out and replace with bolts or new bushings?

I've got three thudbusters on different bikes, and one needs attention now, and no doubt over time the others will too.

This seems like it would be a real finesse task to accurately drill out the old bushings...

·
Registered
240 Posts
not really

I tried rehabbing my thudbuster from '98 and it didn't go well. I tapped the old split pins out and tapped new ones in. It worked well for about two rides and then started to develop the same side to side slop it had before. I finally sold it on eBay with full disclosure for about $30 and bought a new one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for the reply

yeah, I kinda assumed that one would have to rebore the holes bigger and use an oversized pin/bushing. the ebay way sounds like the way to go. sell it to someone on a comfort bike and get a new one.

the new SL model looks like a great compromise in weight and squish. I never use more than a bit of the travel anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.