Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may remember my bro Paul that stabbed himself with a 4" long stick through the calf making a hare pin slow speed corner & falling on a dead stump. Well this time he allowed a GF to install his front wheel on there way to a ride and wouldnt you know the wheel fell off on the trail. When the wheel goes byby the forks anchor in and your over the bars with no arch head first into the ground. He was knocked out, yes with a helmet, severe concussion, stitches in his mouth there was bleeding on the brain for almost 2 days they were going to do surgery then the bleeding stopped so he was released on day 2. I will be going to visit him on Thursday to help out with anything he needs except on my knees cant believe this Bstard at 60+ is slammin himself this bad in 1 year & still able to laugh looking forward to the next ride. :eek:ut::crazy:

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
11,813 Posts
dogonfr said:
Some may remember my bro Paul that stabbed himself with a 4" long stick through the calf making a hare pin slow speed corner & falling on a dead stump. Well this time he allowed a GF to install his front wheel on there way to a ride and wouldnt you know the wheel fell off on the trail. When the wheel goes byby the forks anchor in and your over the bars with no arch head first into the ground. He was knocked out, yes with a helmet, severe concussion, stitches in his mouth there was bleeding on the brain for almost 2 days they were going to do surgery then the bleeding stopped so he was released on day 2. I will be going to visit him on Thursday to help out with anything he needs except on my knees cant believe this Bstard at 60+ is slammin himself this bad in 1 year & still able to laugh looking forward to the next ride. :eek:ut::crazy:
holy sh1t!!!! He alright?? What time you going over there???

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jake Pay said:
Old soldiers never die :cornut:
They just get tougher. :lol:

mrperc I will be heading over around 10:00-10:30 depending on traffic conditions, you know Paul he's a tough old bstard. :thumbsup:

Paul & I have a running joke how he's going to make me a Mexican Jew. :yikes::lol::lol::devil:

·
The White Jeff W
5,715 Posts
Wow, tough break. Glad to hear he's looking forward to the next ride, lol.

Sunday I was in a rush trying to squeeze in a ride before it got dark. Out on the trail the rear dérailleur started acting funny but I thought nothing of it. I came to a waist high log on the trail & when i lifted my bike over the rear wheel fell out of the drop outs. :madman:

Glad it happened there. A little further up there's a fast down hill that gets you airborn over a couple of waterbars. :eekster:

·
Just ride
1,048 Posts
dang...sounds like a tough guy!

Send him my healing vibes and encouragement!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.