Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on an early 27 mile, hilly, road ride.

I learned the following:

1. I'm faster then I give myself credit for.

2. If the ride leader and shop owner decides to do a live podcast during the 12 mile coffee break and you are the oldest rider (by far), you will be featured in the broadcast.

3. If a woman has a stopwatch tattoo on her calf, she will always be faster then you.

REV

PS: I'm glad 70 is the new 50. It gives me something to look forward to in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I was on an early 27 mile, hilly, road ride.

I learned the following:

1. I'm faster then I give myself credit for.

2. If the ride leader and shop owner decides to do a live podcast during the 12 mile coffee break and you are the oldest rider (by far), you will be featured in the broadcast.

3. If a woman has a stopwatch tattoo on her calf, she will always be faster then you.

REV

PS: I'm glad 70 is the new 50. It gives me something to look forward to in a few weeks.
Me too, i learned 3 things today.
Well i guess.
Maybe?
These memory quizz are for the young ones. :madman:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I see, it looks like people aren't slowing down much until their mid eighties.
I was put to shame skiing this winter by an 85 year old former Austrian racer and I find it pretty easy to ski in the mid fifty MPH range on a normal day. I am much slower in the bumps but I am still skiing bumps. As for the bike, I'm built like a sprinter, not a climber, so I lag on the hills like I did decades ago and catch up on the flats.

Like I said, I'll be 70 pretty soon and feel better now then 20 years ago. ;)

·
Village Idiot
155 Posts
What I learned is that I will never get tired of chicks with fine butts passing me on trails.

Maybe I ride slow because of that. Not because I am old, with a beat up body, riding an old bike. Maybe I ride slow, just for the view. Yeah - that's the ticket.

The only problem is that those hotties just keep on pedaling. They never stop to allow me to admire them longer. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.