Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,143 Posts
I spent a weekend there a few years ago

granted, it was winter, and we were there to do some snow shoeing in Sequoia Nat'l Park, but I can't recall much of anything in 3 rivers...

·
What would Pimpbot do?
358 Posts
3 Rivers: biking and cliff jumping nearby

There is a trail review for the 3 Rivers area here.

I've never biked anything legal in this area. I've been to this area a lot for the swimming holes and hiking. You can hit that swimming hole I linked if you enter Sequoia Park from 3 Rivers. About 2 miles past the Entrance, you will see lots of cars parked on the side of the road. Park and hike down to the river. Be careful, people die at the gorge every year, but there are safe and sane perches. Don't forget the beer for safety reasons.;)

Regarding MTBing in this area, it gets hot in the summer and there isn't much shade in the foothills at elevations between 1000 feet and 4000 feet (fire country). I am 99% certain it is illegal to MTB on any dirt inside any National Park (Sequoia and King's Canyon in this case). However, I bet there is killer terrain below the park.If you want to find more biking in the area, go to the top of this page and click trails, then click Other Areas under California and look for Three Rivers, Porterville, Bakersfield, Fresno and Visalia area rides.

Hey, V-town MTBers. Help RBJ out. Where do you shred?

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,143 Posts
FoggyGoggles said:
You can hit that swimming hole I linked if you enter Sequoia Park from 3 Rivers.
Please send any and all pic's of those jumpers in that pic. I want to "study" their take off and landing techniques... :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.