Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently acquired a 1995 Klein Fervor. I would like to replace its stem and bars, but unfortunately it is a 1" threaded steerer tube. Since nobody makes stems in this size anymore, I am looking to make it compatible with today's 1 1/8" threadless standard. I found this on the Profle-design website and was wondering if anybody had any experience with it:

http://www.profile-design.com/product_pages/accesories/acc_converter.html

Thanks for any experience you have has using this.

·
pronounced may-duh
4,306 Posts
I've never used it but i'm sure that thing from profile will work. Although I'm also sure there are many great 1" quill stems out there. Not sure what exactly you are looking for but Klien used to make a great super light stem / handel bar combo. I would look for used stuff on ebay and closeouts from mail order places. Becase the size is so rare you will probably get a killer deal on some super expensive Ti stem that was made 10 years ago but never sold because it was overpriced back then and won't fit any of the current bikes.

Good luck

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
I posted this in your mirrored thread in the Vintage forum, mate:

I can share my experience with one but not the other. Using my threaded fork, I was able to use a standard 1-1/8" stem. I got one of these from Nashbar - they are made to fit either 1" or 1-1/8" threaded steerer tubes/headsets

The rest worked itself out nicely. I could even use spacers on the stem adapter. Here's a shot of my setup. If you can live with your threaded 1" fork, this might be an option for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
SpinWheelz said:
The rest worked itself out nicely. I could even use spacers on the stem adapter. Here's a shot of my setup. If you can live with your threaded 1" fork, this might be an option for you.
Only problem is that will add quite a bit of weight to the nice & light Klein......shame....Wonder if vulture cycles could do a new headtube????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.