Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
I love how those magazine dudes write...

Anyway! Helpful guide! Do you mind me asking where you got the mag from?

Cheers =)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
-.---.- said:
I love how those magazine dudes write...

Anyway! Helpful guide! Do you mind me asking where you got the mag from?

Cheers =)
I got it in the mail from Thrasher magazine some time around '87. ( I was about 12 then).

·
Registered
29 Posts
for those who havent ever tried building half pipes, they are well worth the labor. i had a 4'x8x24 and it took a while but was well worth every bit of skating afterwards.

·
Registered
262 Posts
yeah!

thanks for posting this. such a look back!

i got those at about the same time, but didn't have money, so my dad and i used the logic of "well, we can afford a 4-foot tall ramp, so we'll just squish down the tranny. i had a 4-foot vert ramp with 8 feet of flat bottom. needless to say, i learned how to skate tight tranny pretty quickly : ) oh, those were the days

·
Registered
145 Posts
NM figured it out

anyone else seeing the photobucket.com/p500 image instead of the scans?
If anyone has these, can you post them directly to MTBR so they aren't held hostage to photobucket?
thanks

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NM figured it out

anyone else seeing the photobucket.com/p500 image instead of the scans?
If anyone has these, can you post them directly to MTBR so they aren't held hostage to photobucket?
thanks
Yes. I originally scanned it. Photobucket sucks.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Holee Sch!T!
Just found this and it took me back 30+ years.
Remember reading that and thinking "Do ramps like that even exist?"
Timing/memory is hazy, but I found the "Christmas Tree Ramp" a few blocks from my house in Walnut Creek Ca way back when. It was a big deal for a bit in the 80's CA Bay Area skate scene.
Gamechanger/Lifechanger- the 80's skate grom equivalent of discovering the HOLY GRAIL. First look at the real deal as far as vert. Dropping in for the first time was a defining moment for a young teen on a Powell-Peralta General Issue...
Glory Days/Memory lane- so many adventures between Christmas Tree/Pool near BART station + Treat Blvd/Embarcadero.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts