Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gotta pay to play
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed CRPD last week and asked them about the bike park for Lang Ranch. I was part of the local meetings and saw the tentative plan/map. But that was almost a year and a half ago and I haven't heard anything since then. Here was their response:

We are looking to provide an update to our Board on April 3, 2014 on the overall progress; in short, we are nearly done with the necessary environmental analysis and if all goes well be able to start construction on non-bid/volunteer work this fall as well as start the design development process for the bid construction work.

We will send out a complete package of the April 3, 2014 Board item for everyone to look at in about two weeks.

thanks

Tom Hare
ADMINISTRATOR, PARKS AND PLANNING
Conejo Recreation & Park District -- Conejo Recreation and Park District - Homepage
403 W. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks CA 91360
(805) 381-1230 phone - (805) 497-3199 fax

So it looks like another year or so until they will break ground.

It is funny the way these park things work. They had a substantial budget set aside to develop and maintain a bunch of grass soccer/baseball fields, track, and some indoor facilities- then they found out the ground wouldn't hold the structures or the fields. So the community gets together and brain storms a bike park, Frisbee golf course, workout area, and some picnic tables. None of these ideas seem to make as much "Environmental impact" as what they originally had planned. Yet the money seems to have disappeared and they have to do numerous studies for the impact.

During the meetings, Jim Friedl and his team seemed very sincere with their desire to get a park built that would be something the community would love- so I've gotta think that the back up must be happening with the city council.

I wonder where all the money that was originally allocated for the park went?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I emailed CRPD last week and asked them about the bike park for Lang Ranch. I was part of the local meetings and saw the tentative plan/map. But that was almost a year and a half ago and I haven't heard anything since then. Here was their response:

We are looking to provide an update to our Board on April 3, 2014 on the overall progress; in short, we are nearly done with the necessary environmental analysis and if all goes well be able to start construction on non-bid/volunteer work this fall as well as start the design development process for the bid construction work.

We will send out a complete package of the April 3, 2014 Board item for everyone to look at in about two weeks.

thanks

Tom Hare
ADMINISTRATOR, PARKS AND PLANNING
Conejo Recreation & Park District -- Conejo Recreation and Park District - Homepage
403 W. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks CA 91360
(805) 381-1230 phone - (805) 497-3199 fax

So it looks like another year or so until they will break ground.

It is funny the way these park things work. They had a substantial budget set aside to develop and maintain a bunch of grass soccer/baseball fields, track, and some indoor facilities- then they found out the ground wouldn't hold the structures or the fields. So the community gets together and brain storms a bike park, Frisbee golf course, workout area, and some picnic tables. None of these ideas seem to make as much "Environmental impact" as what they originally had planned. Yet the money seems to have disappeared and they have to do numerous studies for the impact.

During the meetings, Jim Friedl and his team seemed very sincere with their desire to get a park built that would be something the community would love- so I've gotta think that the back up must be happening with the city council.

I wonder where all the money that was originally allocated for the park went?
interesting, thanks for posting. Wonder who benefited from the previous bid?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Not to rain on anyones deal here, I really dont like bike parks, you get a bunch of squids out there and start tearing the trails up, the less trails people know about the better the riding is, my fav is Lang ranch climb then go towards Bell cyn, I dont see too many people back there. everyone and there Mother will be out there, last thing anyone needs is a head crash with a out of control squid.

keep the trail under cover so we can enjoy our backyard! there goes the hood.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Not to rain on anyones deal here, I really dont like bike parks, you get a bunch of squids out there and start tearing the trails up, the less trails people know about the better the riding is, my fav is Lang ranch climb then go towards Bell cyn, I dont see too many people back there. everyone and there Mother will be out there, last thing anyone needs is a head crash with a out of control squid.

keep the trail under cover so we can enjoy our backyard! there goes the hood.
Yeah, the sport would be MUCH better off if no one did it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.