Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

It's not too often I make it on here so this is something I've been thinking over a long time and could use some outside input. Let me give you some background information. I used to ride bmx when I was young, then in 2008 I purchased a Giant Xtc hardtail as my first real adult bike. I could use a few more upgrades to make that bike complete. I am however, in the market for a new bike. I was considering a full suspension and have my eyes on the Trek Fuel Ex 9, or Fezzari Nebo (both 2011).I have not gotten to take either EXACT model, but I did take a Fuel ex 8 for a spin and a 2009 Cascade peak. I personally think the Trek may have some minor fram advantages over the Fezzari. My questions to you all are basically in regards to the best route to take.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Get what you like, what fits you, fits how you ride, and is supported at your LBS if you're not doing your own maintenance. Everyone will have strong opinions on what you should get based on their experience, but they aren't you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the best route to take would turn my hardtail into a race bike... new tubless rims, hubs, Sram 2x10 with triggers, new 100-120 mm travel fork, and recomendations on the handlebars? Carbon? I'm trying to make it as comfortable of a ride as possible at this point. Most likely upgrade the stem and seat post while i'm at it. Hopefully all that will be under 1,000. Then instead of buying new, I could possibly buy my girlfriends dad's 2008 Anthem 1 and transfer over my drivetrain from my current hardtail. That all depends on the pirce of course. It's not even right, he probably spent 3500 on the thing and has only ridden it a handful of times. It's time that bike gets unleashed.

Any additional tips? Think fezzari could get me a super cheap price for everything? Oh and I could take the fork from my current hardtail on my dads old steel frame and turn that thing into a 1x9... Ahh I'm glad I waited and did my research. I'm liking these options a lot better than 3400 for a new bike with a drivetrain I would rather have on a differnt set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.