Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Thoughts on your Bystickel

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  44gnats 
I thought about that. Like having an internal cup for the suspension fork and a tall external cup for the rigid.

Although after riding with suspension for the last year, I question if I really care about running it rigid anymore.
You could go with an internal lower cup and a 1 1/8" suspension fork and an external cup with a 1 1/2" rigid fork, but you're only talking about adding around 8mm to the lower on the rigid set-up.

Or use a standard 1 1/8" headset and swap lower cups from regular to a plus five.

But do you really wanna swap cups just to change forks?

You could get the TALAS fork that has travel adjust 100-120. Lower that front end for climbs and bomb the downs. That would reduce the drawbacks.

I've run my Stickel with a rigid fork, but it really shines with the Fox up front....

especially in Pisgah.

Also, I don't know what it means to "talk turkey."
It's just that I could go on, and on, and on, and on about my Stickel.

I have done so many times on my blog since I got it back in March. Rather than type a million words (some of which might not apply to your situation), I'd rather chat about my experience. Nothing but positives...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.