Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
The brand is K2 same as skis. It is an older dirt jump bike,is that what you want? It looks to be in good shape ,but I think it is over priced. Check bike blue book or bikepedia for more info.You should be able to get something new for not much more if you that type of bike.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Its a K2, which is a company known for their skis. They were mainly sold out of big chains like Sports Authority. I know many of the components on that bike has been upgraded, but I still don't think its worth $600. The blue book value of that, none factoring in the upgraded parts, is $450 in like new condition.

If you're looking for a dirtjump bike, then I'd much rather shell out an extra $100 for this. Can probably get it for around $600-650 as well.

2013 Octane One Zircus custom build - Pinkbike

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK guys Thank you! X'd out of my list - My budget is a bit higher but thought I would ask anyways... part of research right?

Thx again!

·
Registered
12,402 Posts
I wouldn't label that K2 bike a park/DJ bike. It's more of a 'freeride' (or AM these days) hardtail. Things that make me say that are the gears, 2 brakes, adjustable travel air fork, longish stem, overall geometry, etc. Would be a something that would be aimed at 'aggressive' trail use more than actaul park/street/DJ. The second bike posted is a good example of a park/dj style setup.

·
Registered
12,402 Posts
Looks like a solid deal for $550 to me. Appears to be in really nice shape, plenty of suspension tunability so you can dial it in for your weight/style. Might not be the latest and greatest of suspension design, but I've owned a couple Kona's in the past and had plenty of fun on them. Depending how hard/often you ride, you'll end up having to change out the DU bushing in the rear shock once in awhile when things get rattly (something that's likely to happen on many FS bikes and not a big deal), and I did find the stock mounting bolts for the shock would snap on me once in awhile (given I was putting them through a good bit of nastiness at the time), but I picked up some hardened bolts thru McMaster-Carr for almost nothing and that put an end to that particular issue. Looks like a pretty sweet trail bike to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.