Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an opportunity to pick up a 2008 model Stuff, never been ridden, for a good price. I'm assuming that everyone here on the Kona forum likes theirs, but I've never rode one so I'm hoping somebody can point out the pros and cons to this bike.

Thanks

·
Do it all or nothing
736 Posts
Have a stuff(09... but working in the shop I know the 08) in my stable of bikes and it is a solid beginner platform(brother first DJ bike) He loves it as is now hooked. Pro to it would be things like the fork(marz DJ3, good stuff for a bike of that value) has disk brakes(mechanical... ok for 800) and the geometry... feels go on the ride. Also konas are very forgiving and have in my opinion the best DJ knowledge. Kona should be in a sense crowned the current king of DJ. They have had and have more pro DJ that use their product than practically any other brand. Exemples of their golden names would be: John Cowan(now an old dog but still ripping with the team) Andreu Leconday and his brother Luis(Andreu has medals things like Crankworks, Quasqai ect...definitly a top name of today, is brother is not to far off), Grant fielder(another Cowan you could say with less of a legendary name) Paul Bass(another top gun with medals) there are many more. Some of these guy ride the stuff frame with just different specs. Point being Kona knows their DJ $hit. The only real fall back on this bike is the rear mech!!! If you buy the bike swamp it out for something like a deore for 50$ as the altus derailler is [email protected] Found on wal-mart specials. The thing is when you jumping aroun the rear mech is going to take a beating and if it doesn't it is going to break and bring things with it like chains, frame(Drop out) and wheels(gets tossed into the rear wheel and the rest is ugly).

Hope this helps if you have any questions just ask (personally I'd go for a 2010 or 09 as new is only 999). Also watch some Kona TV to see some of the action the kona pros.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts