Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
keystone addict
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of putting one on a khs hardtail, but have heard very mixed reviews. whatcha think? I can definately dig that price tag...

·
Registered
729 Posts
how exactly does it suck?its the most basic of devices?will,i ran mine with a single ring as well before and it worked...i dont see how "it sucks" says anything...it does what its meant to do very well.

·
Road/XC/Freeride
376 Posts
Love mine - orange rollers are ultimate pimp.

e.thirteens are my second choice but they don't look good after use.

Only criticism of mrp is with Race Face Diabolus cranks

I had to get a bit nibbled out of the front plate because diabolus cranks are really thick - AFAIK the problem is only with diabolus cranks though...

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
I have been using the LRPs for years. I have never had a problem with them, they work great. I don't know about different versions, I have had several from when they first came out to a new black on a few months ago and they have all worked the same. They are simple and effective.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I've been using an LRP for years on a few different bikes and I will always use one! I ride mostly rocky terrain, and I can honestly say that I have only dropped a chain maybe 2 times in 3 or so years; not bad at all! Very easy to set up.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
I run a few :thumbsup: I just don't see the E-13 attraction - There is a lot of plastic, small roller / bearing and the caged design (inner / outer plates) adds for a more involved set-up.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
keen said:
I run a few :thumbsup: I just don't see the E-13 attraction - There is a lot of plastic, small roller / bearing and the caged design (inner / outer plates) adds for a more involved set-up.
maybe mothahucker can enlighten us. you've heard very mixed reviews...what are the negatives? just so you can help Ojai bicyclist off the hook.

·
keystone addict
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
misctwo said:
maybe mothahucker can enlighten us. you've heard very mixed reviews...what are the negatives? just so you can help Ojai bicyclist off the hook.
Negatives i've heard of:

I've heard that the bashring that comes with it is incredibly weak and doesnt do squat. Also have heard that it just doesnt keep the chain on very well, and that it can be noisy. These are just the things i've heard...

Positives:

Basically, everything said above. :thumbsup:

Judging solely by this forum, they sound pretty sweet.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've had them on 2 of my DH rigs and 1 on my trail bike and they rock. Simple, light and flat out work. I think they are highly under rated.

Yeah, the bash isn't great but I usually buy the back plate and roller and stick on an E13 bash anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.