Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Now broadcasting from CO
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any thoughts on the Specialized Adrenaline Tire? Particularly someone from East Pennsylvania??? I am think of picking up a pair to see if I want to use them for next season, but I have not heard anything about them. BTW, I ride mostly rocky, rooted, muddy, sometimes dry East PA terrain.

Thanx

·
Registered
287 Posts
They are OK

High volume for a 2.0 tire (noticably larger than 2.1 Panaracer). I used them over the summer, and they roll pretty well for their size on dry terrain. I switched to tires with deeper tread and a thinner casing for fall\winter when it is more likely to be damp. I may or may not remoint them in the Spring.

·
Soft AND Tender
143 Posts
I like them

I'm on my second pair of these tires. I ride almost exclusively in Michaux and found these tires to work quite well. Was running 2.0's but went to the 2.1's. They are a BIG 2.1, have to be more like 2.2 or 2.3 and the high volume seems to offer good shock absorption on the plentiful rocks. They are not the best in mud, but work pretty well everywhere else.

·
just like a speeder-bike
329 Posts
There's lots of discussion out there on the Adrenalines (try some searches).

My quick warning for you is that they're not the best at hooking up on slippery roots, or even dry roots for that matter. The center row of nobs is so closely spaced, that they spin out fairly easily on roots...

Other than that, and the fact that they're not the best at shedding mud.... I love 'em! Amazing cornering, very confidence-inspiring tire. I'm thinking about keeping the adrenaline in the front, but switching to something with a little more paddle (like Kenda Nevegals) for my next set up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great Front Tire

I run the 2.0 up front with a Nevegal 2.1 DTC in the rear. Great combo. Surprisingly, the Adrenalin (now the Resolution) is pretty good as as a front tire in the wet here in Northern California, as long as the sloppy stuff isn't sticky.

·
just like a speeder-bike
329 Posts
marinpaul said:
I run the 2.0 up front with a Nevegal 2.1 DTC in the rear. Great combo. Surprisingly, the Adrenalin (now the Resolution) is pretty good as as a front tire in the wet here in Northern California, as long as the sloppy stuff isn't sticky.
That's the tire combo I'm considering! Stupid question: I'd rather have a slightly larger tire in the front (than the rear). Is the Adrenaline 2.0 bigger than the 2.1? I know the numbers say that your rear tire is bigger, but I'm wondering if they're accurate.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
Specialized seems to consistently undersize their tires lately. sometimes as much as .25

My 2.0 Adrenaline has less clearance than my 2.25 IRC Trailbear.

On the Adrenaline tip, it's become my front tire of choice for the Central Oregon Hardpack/sandy/loamy conditions. In slippery, rooty conditions of the W. side of the Cascades it didn't perform as well as the Trailbear or Weirwolf.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actual Size

Barkdog said:
That's the tire combo I'm considering! Stupid question: I'd rather have a slightly larger tire in the front (than the rear). Is the Adrenaline 2.0 bigger than the 2.1? I know the numbers say that your rear tire is bigger, but I'm wondering if they're accurate.
I haven't measured, but it seems like the 2.0 Adrenalin is a bit bigger than the 2.1 Nevegal. It certainly seems cushier in any event. BTW, Specialized just renamed the Adrenalin the Resolution in case you are buying online.

Best,

Paul

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I am running an Adrenaline 2.0 up front and a Cinder 2.25 in the rear and love this combination. Adrenaline rolls fast and has great hookup in a variety of conditions. I don't think it would make a good rear tire and it does pack quickly in the mud. My 2.0 Adrenaline is noticably taller than the 2.25 Cinder and the sidewall on the Adrenaline is the same width as the knobs on the Cinder.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Interesting. Im the minority here since I like the Adrenaline in the rear for its better pedaling with the closely spaced in-line knobs and a Panaracer up front. I haven't had any bad slipping out experiences.

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
myitch said:
Interesting. Im the minority here since I like the Adrenaline in the rear for its better pedaling with the closely spaced in-line knobs and a Panaracer up front. I haven't had any bad slipping out experiences.

Different strokes for different folks.
I like the Adrenaline (Resolution) F&R. No issues with traction on rocks or roots. Slightly reduced drive traction on loose climbs but not enough to not use it. Generally feel fast. LOVE the cornering grip! I have not used them in the wet much.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
dulyebr said:
Shig, do you know why Specialized change the name of the Adrenalines? Are they the same tire?
Trademark issues over the Adrenaline name. I did not ask for the details.

The Resolution is exactly the same tire except for the label.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
shiggy said:
Trademark issues over the Adrenaline name. I did not ask for the details.

The Resolution is exactly the same tire except for the label.
Too bad, I liked the old name - seemed more fitting for this tire. The Resolution sounds like an Ellsworth bike.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
MBA did an 80+ trailbike tire review and the Adrenaline was in the top 10. But I think it was only for the 2Bliss version. The others were one WTB Weirwolf and about 8 different Kenda Nevagal's

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
mattsavage said:
MBA did an 80+ trailbike tire review and the Adrenaline was in the top 10. But I think it was only for the 2Bliss version. The others were one WTB Weirwolf and about 8 different Kenda Nevagal's
Do you have a link or a scan of that article?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.