Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strongly considering pulling the trigger on one, any thoughts or
comments from those who ride one would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got one a year ago and love it :) it rides rocky terrain really well.
Only real thing I don't like is noisy brakes when wet and would prefer a dropper post over suspension lock out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just bought a 710. The TwinLoc works as advertised. I'm coming off a Titus FTM 26er and the 710 is much superior all around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply. How do you find the TwinLoc system?
The TwinLoc is two stage and easy to use, What I appreciate the most is being able to unlock suspension quickly without taking your hand off handlebar when there's a sudden change in terrain, or if you've got a
bit of speed up.......not so important if you know the trail well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The TwinLoc is two stage and easy to use, What I appreciate the most is being able to unlock suspension quickly without taking your hand off handlebar when there's a sudden change in terrain, or if you've got a
bit of speed up.......not so important if you know the trail well.
The TwinLoc is one of the reasons I like this bike, what does your bike weigh?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Heavy bike. I've replaced the handlebars and wheels, knocked quite a bit off. I use the twinlock a lot more than I thought I would. Next thing to go is that DT Swiss POS rear shock. I flipped my frame chip over and raised the BB, and I like the handling a lot better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heavy bike. I've replaced the handlebars and wheels, knocked quite a bit off. I use the twinlock a lot more than I thought I would. Next thing to go is that DT Swiss POS rear shock. I flipped my frame chip over and raised the BB, and I like the handling a lot better.
My 740 weighs 14.5 kg - about 32lb, I've made no changes other than tyres which are Hans Dampf .
Interesting, according to the Scott website the 2014 Genius 740 weighs 28.6 lbs. at 32 that does seem a bit heavy for a trail bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting, according to the Scott website the 2014 Genius 740 weighs 28.6 lbs. at 32 that does seem a bit heavy for a trail bike.
I think it could be the weight of the small frame mine is the large also they may not include the pedals, mine weigh 404 grams for the pair the bike came with the Nobby Nics which weigh 580grams each my Hans Dampfs weigh 765 grams each which makes the total = 774grams or 1.7lb that brings the 28.6 lbs up to 30.3 lbs and doesn't include the bigger frame I don't know the weight difference.

I find the ride is great, I ride mountain trails with a lot of sharp edged rock and I find it heaps easier to ride than my older 26 specialized fsr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts