Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I wanted to get everyones thoughts on mixing a 2.4 Mutano Raptor front tire with a 2.1 Nano Raptor rear tire. I ride in Northern California where most of the trails consist of hardpack with some soft and crumbling dirt (it is dry adobe). I do not ride in mud/wet conditions. This is on my hardtail which does see about 1/2 of its time on pavement so I want to keep the rolling reasonable. Currently I am using Nanoraptor 2.1s front and rear but on the looser stuff have issues with them not having enough traction. Finally, is anyone aware of trouble with these clearing a Skareb Fork.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
CDMC said:
Hi all,

I wanted to get everyones thoughts on mixing a 2.4 Mutano Raptor front tire with a 2.1 Nano Raptor rear tire. I ride in Northern California where most of the trails consist of hardpack with some soft and crumbling dirt (it is dry adobe). I do not ride in mud/wet conditions. This is on my hardtail which does see about 1/2 of its time on pavement so I want to keep the rolling reasonable. Currently I am using Nanoraptor 2.1s front and rear but on the looser stuff have issues with them not having enough traction. Finally, is anyone aware of trouble with these clearing a Skareb Fork.

Thanks
Sure, why not? It will be fine for what you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts