Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Queen Kona
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was my first race and the course was great overall I thought. Some of the climbs were a little tough at the end and the heat was starting to get to me, but it was a beautiful day for racing and the course was nice and fast :thumbsup:

What did everyone else think?

Any other races in the series I should hit up that wouldn't be too difficult for a beginning racer?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Lewis Morris Campmor H2H race!

Is probably going to be the best race for the beginners. It's a singlespeeders course with flowing singletrack and light fireroad climbs. Since it is a county park, it has limits on techy stuff for insurance reasons. Therefore, think of it as Stewart without the rocks.

As for todays Stewart Darkhorse race,.....Fabulous! What a fun flowing course. I'm signing up for the Darkhorse 40 tomorrow! I placed 3 in master women's sport at 1:24 for my 2 laps. George, Mike, and the crew put on such a great race. From beginning to end, it was a well run race. Kudos goes out to the Campmor Support Station that got that Sport rider's bike fixed and to the starting line without holding up the show. Got to love riding, especially when it's dry! Smiles.

·
Registered
223 Posts
course was amazingly fast. single track had great flow, the climbing 3 miles in was well placed/planned. the downhills were fun, unfortunetly i crashed out, but otherwise a great race, I'll be back for the 40.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The course was fast and there was a lot of traffic with wheel to wheel racing. I entered beginners 30-39 and stayed with a group of 7 riders for almost the entire lap, the locals that came in 1st and 3rd knew the course and saved some energy for the final sprint and destroyed us in the last 2 minutes. The top 6 placings had a total gap of 34 seconds a very close race... I had an altimeter during the race and it summurized that 49% of the terrain was flat, 29% ascending and 22% descending.. The other statistic I had was my heart rate which I am not going to share ... :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
dont tell people about the helium in my bike ill get disqualified...

as for the tires, no banana peels just some loose dirt, but i did make it through the mud section...and yes they are very silly...but still very light...

watch out for those burms...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Great Race!

Im definately puttin this one on the calendar for next year! Balls out twisty fast singletrack. Unfortunately I was unable to preride it and with all the blind corners it cost me a ton of time. I really think this course would take a minimum of 5 preride laps to get it somewhat down. The organizers and workers were great and a big thanks to them for all their hard work! First race Ive ever done where you didnt even get a t-shirt much less swag. I thought it was strange that a race sponsored by Campmor and a bike shop wouldnt have some handouts and vendors. Really not a biggie, I just found it odd.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
makilo said:
The course was fast and there was a lot of traffic with wheel to wheel racing. I entered beginners 30-39 and stayed with a group of 7 riders for almost the entire lap, the locals that came in 1st and 3rd knew the course and saved some energy for the final sprint and destroyed us in the last 2 minutes. The top 6 placings had a total gap of 34 seconds a very close race... I had an altimeter during the race and it summurized that 49% of the terrain was flat, 29% ascending and 22% descending.. The other statistic I had was my heart rate which I am not going to share ... :D
I'll share mine...

24 years old and I hit 208 on that final sprint/climb.

·
Registered
59 Posts
robdamanii said:
Bingo. Where are the pics of the actual race going on? I know there were photographers in the woods...
Well, unless they were standing right in the middle of the singletrack, they are probably busy treating themselves for poison ivy. :eekster:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.