Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have the chance to trade my Jamis Dragon 06 (set up SS) for a new Fetish Fixation SS. I'm 225 lbs, 6'0", ride 4-5 times a week, and a hard rider. Thoughts on which would be a better bike for me? I'm looking for durability and overall performance.

Thanks!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I bought a Fixation for my son to ride. His chain kept jumping on the cog. After checking the chainline, axle tension, and watching him ride, I noticed that the chainstays were flexing quite a bit, allowing chain slack to increase. So we have to run a tensioner on his bike. It's a good ride for him and has held up well, but if your looking forward to no tensioner, you might want to lock the front brake and stand on a pedal to see if you get the chain slack as well.

·
blame me for missed rides
789 Posts
JOwens14 said:
Hey all,

I have the chance to trade my Jamis Dragon 06 (set up SS) for a new Fetish Fixation SS. I'm 225 lbs, 6'0", ride 4-5 times a week, and a hard rider. Thoughts on which would be a better bike for me? I'm looking for durability and overall performance.

Thanks!
that's like trading xt for deore, assuming both frames fit you well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.