Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sthig said:
Hi,

Newbie here and I didn't know where to post this question.

I have this special talent of going over my handlebars on steep rock drops. A friend of mine said I had my seat too high so I lowered it some. Okay, well, problem almost solved but then climbing and general riding becomes an issue.

While climbing, I don't mind coming out of my saddle but it feels as if my knees are in my chest when sitting. So I was referred to the hydraulic seat dropper and I thought I could get your thoughts on them.

First of all, I have a X-Caliber that has a 27.2 seat post so my choices are rather limited. Kindshock has one as well as X-Fusion (it doesn't come with a remote).

I'm rather concerned with wiggle, wear and tear (I'm fairly rough on my bike). The X-Fusion is skinny and I'm concerned about bending it. I've not really looked much into the Kindshock because it's near impossible to find a 27.2 size.

So can anyone give me any thoughts? advice?

Thanks!
Scott
Hi Scott,

Do a search on this site for GravityDropper and look in the review section for a detailed write up I did years ago. Here is the website you’d order from if you decide on this brand.

http://gravitydropper.com/sales-support/tool-tips/chart-comparison/

I have all three models but would suggest you go for the Turbo. Superb product and fantastic customer service are the reasons for my recommendation. They were also the first in the market and I believe theirs is still the lightest. I’ve been using one since 2005 if memory serves.

Good luck in your search and once you use one you’ll never go back!;)

Michael :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Newbie here and I didn't know where to post this question.

I have this special talent of going over my handlebars on steep rock drops. A friend of mine said I had my seat too high so I lowered it some. Okay, well, problem almost solved but then climbing and general riding becomes an issue.

While climbing, I don't mind coming out of my saddle but it feels as if my knees are in my chest when sitting. So I was referred to the hydraulic seat dropper and I thought I could get your thoughts on them.

First of all, I have a X-Caliber that has a 27.2 seat post so my choices are rather limited. Kindshock has one as well as X-Fusion (it doesn't come with a remote).

I'm rather concerned with wiggle, wear and tear (I'm fairly rough on my bike). The X-Fusion is skinny and I'm concerned about bending it. I've not really looked much into the Kindshock because it's near impossible to find a 27.2 size.

So can anyone give me any thoughts? advice?

Thanks!
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts