Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to try 27.5's and the Diamondback Axis Sport 2014 fits my budget...Do we have any owners here that can chime in and give some feedbacks?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi there. I do not own one, but would like to share some thoughts...

I see the bike for $600 on Jenson. You'll have a hard time finding a better bike at that price, but all of the components are pretty low on the ladder, so to speak. My biggest concern would be the 8 speed components. I think they are getting a little scarce so replacing a worn or damaged part my require more of a premium price or may basically force an upgrade.

I wanted to buy a DB Haanjo when I was looking for a cross bike, but wasn't able to test ride one so I ended up getting another brand instead. I don't always need/want to test ride, but it was my first road/cross type bike and I wanted to ride before buying...

Anyway, I say figure out your true budget. Spend until it hurts. Seriously, if you stick with riding you will be glad that you did!

My personal advice if you know that you will be riding at least 2-3 times a week is to buy a bike with SRAM X5 or Shimano Deore components, or better. That give you quality shifting, very reliable components, and at least 9 speeds, possibly 10. That is obviously bump-up the price, though.

There sure is a lot that goes into it. Make the best decision for you.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts