Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bike Hustler
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just at whistler this weekend and caught the last couple days of crankworx. While I was there, just out of curiosity, I asked how much one of the shops would let go of one of last years Norco Atomics for.
I talked him down to 11,000. What do you think about that? Is it more of a hassle in the end buying a used DH bike in seemingly good condition thats posibley seen daily abusive riding on whistlers trails? I'd love to hear what you guys think.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
LoozinSkin said:
I was just at whistler this weekend and caught the last couple days of crankworx. While I was there, just out of curiosity, I asked how much one of the shops would let go of one of last years Norco Atomics for.
I talked him down to 11,000. What do you think about that? Is it more of a hassle in the end buying a used DH bike in seemingly good condition thats posibley seen daily abusive riding on whistlers trails? I'd love to hear what you guys think.
11,000?!?! is it like gold plated

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
LoozinSkin said:
LOL... oh man thats some funny ****. I meant $1100.00
sheez... I'm still laughing.
oh. lol thats what i was thinking. i would say its a good deal, especially if thats canadian dollaz. one thing to thing about is that people tend to abuse rental equipment. like when your grandma rents out a rental car and goes and does burn outs in the parking lot. just something to put into consideration, but also they take really good care of there stuff.

some bad spelling in there i think, its to late

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
thats an allright deal...

but its kinda a rental bike (ppl abuse the sh>it outta them) and its an 03 norco atomik (aside from fincys opinion its a rather crappy bike)...

so put that aside and then i guess maby it could be worth it but no i owuld not do it...save ur money bro and get an 05 stinky...

(they come out late november...and should be around 2700can i think...)

·
Registered
9,989 Posts
LoozinSkin said:
I have a 10 foot pole that I would not touch it with......

Having used a rental bike in Whistler a few weeks ago while I await for my bike I discovered that they are not the best maintained pieces of equipment in the world. The first one they gave me had a horribly out of true rear wheel, one of the brakes was pulling all the way to the bars and leaking fluid out of the master cylinder (which the mechanic then attempted to repair by adjusting the lever throw....) The second bike was a bit better, but I will not be doing that again, and I would definately not purchase one of them.

TJ

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.