Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Mr. Lurker
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like a pretty nice hardtail, wondering if anyone has experience on this bike.
Thanks...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If I was looking for an aggressive hardtail, I'd be shopping with other companies. The Fuse seems overprice for what it is...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Kona Honzo or Big Honzo would be my first choice if you want carbon (also available in steel). Otherwise there is Nukeproof, Dartmoor, Ragley, NS Bikes, for example.

·
Mr. Lurker
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'll check those out. Looking for one with slacker geometry, so it's a little better on the downhill.

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7, Specialized Levo
1,711 Posts
Looks like a pretty nice hardtail, wondering if anyone has experience on this bike.
Thanks...

I went through this same dilemma back in March, fully intended on ordering an Expert Alu and walked out with a Comp Carbon. I don't regret it one bit, I love the Fuse. I also tested a Trek Roscoe (yuk) and a SC Chameleon Alu (2nd choice) and the Fuse just fit *me* and *my* riding style better.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Ok, I'll check those out. Looking for one with slacker geometry, so it's a little better on the downhill.

If you want something more slack then check out those other companies for sure. The Fuse really isn't that aggressive compared to many hardtails.

The Ragleys are at 64-65.5 head tube angle depending on the length of fork and the model of bike. Nukeproof Scout is at 65 same with the Sounder Transmitter and the Dartmoor is at 66 for the Primal and 65 on the Hornet. Compared to the Carbon fuse at 67.5 which is comparable to the Honzo but the Honzo is available in steel.

·
Mr. Lurker
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any idea what the weights are for these hardtails? Are they all about 30 lbs?
The Nukeproof Scout and Ragley look good.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Seriously, though. I have a titanium frame, titanium handlebars, I9 wheelset, and it's still at 27 for my lightest HT. Maybe if you built it up as a single-speed with the lightest wheelset, no dropper, then you'd get closer to 20.

·
Mr. Lurker
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seriously, though. I have a titanium frame, titanium handlebars, I9 wheelset, and it's still at 27 for my lightest HT. Maybe if you built it up as a single-speed with the lightest wheelset, no dropper, then you'd get closer to 20.
Well, the only frame I really like is the Ragley, 64 degree HTa. I think it's the only one that slack. Can always change out the wheels, etc.

I think it's time to put the Trek Fuel EX7 up for sale. Hopefully I can get a few bucks for it.

·
Having a nice day!
1,422 Posts
Just to toss out another option, take a look at the Transition Throttle. Geo looks good, can be built up pretty light, and deals are out there. And you are going to have to work to get a geared hardtail down to 20 lbs. I have a Pivot Les and even with Enve wheels, a Sid, and xtr/xt components, it comes in a little under 23 lbs.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Just to toss out another option, take a look at the Transition Throttle.
This is a good shout if you do want to build something super light.

But to me aggressive hardtail and super light are not happening. By the time you put some beefy wheels and tires, a 130-150mm 34mm or bigger fork and a dropper I don't see anyway you aren't around 30lbs. If you aren't looking to do those things, it doesn't seem like something like the Ragley makes sense for what you want...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.