Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously considering one of these. My LBS shot me a price that is very tempting, love the looks, seems like a quality groupo and overall sweet ride. I'm 43yrs young-over my wild riding days but still enjoy a fast, flowy singletrack. I ride about 1,200 to 1,500 miles per year, 3-400 of those are off road the rest are commuting to work and cruising around. I don't want multiple bikes and am hoping this could be a great compromise between trail and street worthy. This bike will be replacing my '09 Trek 6500 (26" Hardtail). Looking for some reviews, comments (good or bad), and or anything I should have the shop change out before I leave the door. Trying to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree before spending over a grand on a bike (a lot of money for me). Thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
HI, I seriously think this is one of the bests bikes/deal on what you are looking for, loved 2011 model but 2012 model has some improvements, good transmision, good fork, decent wheels, I¨d say GO FOR IT!
good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got back into biking and bought one about a month ago. So far, it seems like a really good bike. I took it back in to the bike shop and they tightened up the gear cable and stem, but thats just normal break in stuff. The only thing ive noticed which im not sure if its the bike or what is that the front even tends to want to wash out taking turns at high speeds in gravel.

I commute to school on the bike about 5 miles a day as well as ride some local(easy) trails so far. The seat kinda hurts sometimes when starting a ride, but it doesnt bother me much after a minute or so. I still am not sure how i feel about the bars, but they arent bad. The bike is light enough for me. The tires seem fine. So far i have no problems. Like a lot of higher-end bikes, the bike doesnt come with pedals. The LBS gave me a set of platform pedals to get used to the bike and im on the market now for some clipless pedals. The paint job is better than i expected and wayy better than last year. It has a gloss finish and they black parts have metallic flakes in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.