Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joeshwa24 said:
If there is a difference between the 2009 and 2010 suspension it is minuscule. I have built and ridden both at my LBS and they ride exactly the same.
I must be mistaken on the year it changed.
The '10 on the website has the rear shock mounted under the top tube. The design previous to that had the "Brain" shock on the left side of the rear triangle.
That's the difference I was referring to.

·
Registered
209 Posts
yeah that changed from 08 to 09. I personally own an 08 and its a great ride, as far as functionality, theres a negligible difference between the 08 and '10 models. the newer frames are lighter though.

·
Ben-Jammin
678 Posts
The '10 has the Brain adjusted to be, supposedly, much more responsive.

Also, the shock is being manufactured by Fox again.

I haven't ridden both models on the trail, so I can't say for sure if they ride any differently, but I can tell you that whoever thinks a ride around the lot at the LBS is sufficient for determining ANYTHING about the suspension is mistaken. :p

·
Registered
410 Posts
There are a few changes between the two that I am aware of.

1) 2010 is made by Fox. '09 is made by Fusion. Reliability should be improved.
2) The 2010 Brain "trigger" now incudes the compression flow so the suspension is more responsive.
3) There is now a rubber stopper to keep the ballist weight from getting "bounced" back into the locked out position very rough terrain.

I spent alot of time on the '09 and now own a '10 and you really can tell a difference o nthe trial. That said, the '09 was great too so if you cane get a deal, go for it

·
Registered
209 Posts
CasteelG said:
The '10 has the Brain adjusted to be, supposedly, much more responsive.

Also, the shock is being manufactured by Fox again.

I haven't ridden both models on the trail, so I can't say for sure if they ride any differently, but I can tell you that whoever thinks a ride around the lot at the LBS is sufficient for determining ANYTHING about the suspension is mistaken. :p
To be honest i didn't mess with the brain fade so I can't comment on that difference, what I can say is the brain is awesome no matter what the year and I have ridden from the first gen to the newest. (in fact I think someone in the store own's every major change)

Fusion > Fox you will get no argument out of me on that one but again even the Fusion works.

In most cases I would agree fully but in the case of our LBS our back door opens up to the dessert and a 1/4 mile track tht we test all our bikes on before they hit the floor.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EPICYZ said:
There are a few changes between the two that I am aware of.
1) 2010 is made by Fox. '09 is made by Fusion. Reliability should be improved.
2) The 2010 Brain "trigger" now incudes the compression flow so the suspension is more responsive.
3) There is now a rubber stopper to keep the ballist weight from getting "bounced" back into the locked out position very rough terrain.
I spent alot of time on the '09 and now own a '10 and you really can tell a difference o nthe trial. That said, the '09 was great too so if you cane get a deal, go for it
Good info. Thanks.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ride an '09 Epic Marathon. I love it. Performs great. No problems with the shock/brain. The one difference that has been talked about here between the two is the mount for the brain, which has been the subject of a recall on the '10 models.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.