Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd have to give it to the first New World Disorder. It definatly had AWE value. No matter what you think of Bender, when I first saw him do that drop, I was speachless. Then the Cowan DJ section was really good, the Dude on the unicycle was nuts, the section with Robbie Bordon got us all building skinny stuff, and the last guy doing manuals at 70 mph was insane. Back then, it was really pushing the envelope. It's got my vote for best video. A close second was the original SHIFT however.

· Banned
1,724 Posts
Chain Reaction 5 - (or really any of the series) I ride alot more than urban / park, but the innovation shown by the likes of Chase, Lenoski, and the rest never fails to inspire me - whether I'm riding park or singletrack.

My second vote would go to "Tread" - the first feature length MTB video, with H-Ball and Rey. It's nothing by today's standards, but is supercool in a retro kind of way (now - at the time, it was incredible)

The Collective is definitely the coolest though.

· Banned
1,004 Posts
wow...

zachdank said:
i've only been riding for 2 years.
First of all, that is amazing in and of itself. I've seen your pics and vids, and only WISH I could ride at your level after the 15 years of riding I have been doing...not all of them FR/DH, of course.

zachdank said:
the first movie i had ever seen was dissorder 3. when i saw wade gap over the big black truck i knew i would be hucking my meat gnarcore. :eek:
I have to agree, the Wade Simmons huck over the Marz truck convinced me to get my first FRbike...he's just soooo smooooth...him and Schley. NWD3 is still my favorite of all of the movies. The Collective runs a close second.

Remember the original Chainsmoke? I still have it on VHS...it's a hoot to watch Palmer and Mike Metzger ride back then...

When is the DVD coming out ZD?

DHF

· Banned
1,724 Posts
DownHillFast said:
I have to agree, the Wade Simmons huck over the Marz truck convinced me to get my first FRbike...he's just soooo smooooth...
I get a kick out of watching Bender and Simmons drop that same line - Bender with 14" (?) - Simmons with 7". Nothing against Bender, but it's crazy to watch him ragdoll down the tranny while Wade looks like he doesn't even bottom his travel.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
s1ngletrack said:
I get a kick out of watching Bender and Simmons drop that same line - Bender with 14" (?) - Simmons with 7". Nothing against Bender, but it's crazy to watch him ragdoll down the tranny while Wade looks like he doesn't even bottom his travel.
Yeah, nothing against Bender cuz I totally respect him for his balls and his devotion to the sport but I don't think he's the most talented rider. It seems like he crashes way too often.

Wade did make that look smooth but he hit it absolutely perfect. Wade is my favorite rider but I bet it would take him quite a few tries to hit it that smooth again.

· Registered
2,897 Posts
DownHillFast said:
First of all, that is amazing in and of itself. I've seen your pics and vids, and only WISH I could ride at your level after the 15 years of riding I have been doing...not all of them FR/DH, of course.

I have to agree, the Wade Simmons huck over the Marz truck convinced me to get my first FRbike...he's just soooo smooooth...him and Schley. NWD3 is still my favorite of all of the movies. The Collective runs a close second.

Remember the original Chainsmoke? I still have it on VHS...it's a hoot to watch Palmer and Mike Metzger ride back then...

When is the DVD coming out ZD?

DHF
Your post count is off the heazy :cool:

· Don't skid
1,157 Posts
I'm going with NWD3. The collective is a good video and definately a pleasure to watch because of the cinamatography and music. Even my non-riding buddies like to watch it, but its not as gnarcore as NWD3.

· Registered
1,204 Posts
I just got Chain Reaction 5 and i thought it was pretty good. The riding was nice but the music $ucked. the tour bus gap was cool though. Earthed 2 was awsome. The collective is like the best. And NWD 5 is pretty sick too.

· Registered
567 Posts
Hmmm, art wise, Collective takes it, but no one has tried to be that way with it yet so we'll see.

Influentail, after watching Double Down I took my enduro and dropped of a picnic shelter to flat with my '01 Enduro(Ouch!). So that is what got me going.

My other favorite it Ride To The Hill, the video was awesome, can't believe no one has mentioned it yet.

L8R
Buck

· Renegade of Krunk
603 Posts
The Collective is my favorite mt bike movie that I've seen thus far. I just watched it with a friend who is getting into mountain biking this last weekend.

I may have to pick up Earthed, I've heard a lot of good things about it. And Bender is notorious for doing huge drops that usually end up in crashes. He probablly crashes more then most other freeriders because he is pushing the envelope on how big he can go. All of the freeriders crash, Bender just has like 2 or 3 really gnarly ones that everyone knows him for. I remember seeing him eat it gapping this drop section that ends up in him slamming onto a paved road and then that like 70 footer on Real TV a few years ago. This was before I knew there was more mtb'ing then just xc, so that kind of opened my eyes to the other side back in my bmx days.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.