Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Cool idea, would be even better if you could get the quad copter closer in to you and a more exciting trail with some nice flowy corners and tech bits. Have a few guys down here with those copters and one rides with us and we've been talking about trying to do the same, will post up if we ever do get it done - guys just passed and showed me his new one he's building.

·
29ers Forever
2021 Rocky Mountain Altitude A70
3,604 Posts
That's a good idea to use the quad copter as a gopro mount.
It may be cool to have the camera follow you down some cool technical trails.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The quad copters don't really do the tech trails justice. The purpose of this was to show the arc of the mountain. In the Picture in Picture video you can see the drop off/exposure is much more pronounced from the chest POV than the quad. It also takes a very skilled pilot to get close and keep the same speed while avoiding 3D obstacles. This was our first outing. More to come as we get more adventurous... ;)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Shot in the Chesebro area of Agoura Hills... unique MTB perspective. The last shot in the end is worth the trip. ;)

Wanna Go For A Ride? - YouTube
Very nice! I'm just ordering a Phantom 2 myself (waiting for the new version with the 3D gimbal to ship, maybe this week). I hadn't looked yet to see any video of mountain biking, so very cool to see this. Do you know how long your buddy has been flying quadcopters? It was nice and stable. Amazing perspective at the end of the video when he sends it up high!

·
Professional Crastinator
6,700 Posts
Cool stuff! I thought the opening shot would overtake a rider already at speed...

Check out these guys for more ideas:

Indoor quad copter at Ray's Indoor Bike Park!
Ray's Indoor MTB Park - Ride - YouTube

Quail Hollow SP, OH is known to be easy - like where children learn to MTB. They make it look cool.
QUAIL HOLLOW - Trail ride - YouTube

They have copter cam intermixed with other vantage points.

They also practice their flying until they can nail it every time, then they shoot the video. I can't imagine how long it took them to edit that stuff.

-F

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.