Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Happy Trails
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anybody seen first hand one of those baby blue test / demo Stumpjumper Experts? I've seen some trading on eBay now. Are these the same as the stock SJ FSR Experts? There are some good prices out there...but I don't know about that seafoam blue paint color....

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think the blue color is pretty cool looking. I bought a pitch pro in test bike green color. It comes with a testbike sticker which comes right off. The testbike models are exactly the same as the models in the catalog, the only difference is color.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
yeah. the blue color is sweet, the shop owner is trying to sell his demo right now, he has a large stumpy fsr and a safire fsr, both in the test bike colors, they are sweet, if the safire was a small instead of a medium, i would buy it for my wife in a second, both test colors are really sweet!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I thought it was better looking than any other bike they had for sale. If I would have known I was going to buy a stumpy I would have told the boss I'd take the medium.

We had two, a large and a small. As soon as folks knew they were for sale they didn't last long. Also they are painted just like anyother specialized bike. No better no worse.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just took a 2008 Safire Expert for a test ride - love it! The color is much better than the red for the Expert or the colors of other models. However, I don't really like the paint jobs on these. But, color/paint job doesn't matter to me. I can only afford one bike at a time and performance is first on my list when looking at bikes.

I decided I am going to buy this bike. The price is 60% of the MSRP and only two other women took is for test rides. The thing is practically brand new. It also climbs like a goat and is like butter on the downhills.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.