Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Unchained Freewheel
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the minimum amount of post I should have inserted into my Truth frame ? I hover around 155lbs most days,and dont put a tremendous amount of stress on the frame.Lots and lots of staircases and bunny hopping off of curbs though.I am not much for real off road riding (mainly as its too far a ride to actually get to :( ),but love long steep staircases,they are right up my ally.Another q I have is,what exactly are 'puncture resistant tires/tubes' are they especially heavy ? do they really help
stop flats ? I got my first flat riding in years the other day,and was able to fix it on the trail,but now realize my tires and tubes are in need of a 'upgrade',any suggestions? I hit all kinds of terrain on my daily commutes,with the rare jaunt 'off-road' with tons pavement/paved bike paths around Ottawa Canada.On occasion I hit the Gatineau hills trails,but thats rare TIA all !! :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you got only 1 flat in years of riding, why worry about getting puncture resistant inner tubes? They'll add noticeable rotating weigh to your wheels. There are road bike tires that are puncture resistant by having kevlar sandwiched in the casing but I don't even know if they make that for mtb tires. There are also heavy, gooey sealants you can add into the inner tube such as Slime.

In order not to void Ellsworth's warranty, you are suppose to insert the seatpost below where the top tube joins the seat tube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.