Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Shite. Roads shut down between home and work due to mud slides on one, avalanche closure on the other, husband coming home 'due to flooding', wasn't able to keep him on the phone long enough to suss out if his work is flooded or if it's so many people out dealing w/ homes that they threw in the towel.

I wish I'd taken some before and after pics- I had a dog cart with over 2 feet of snow off the roof burying it just this weekend that is almost completely clear now.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Rode at Lake Sawyer last night. It was awesome, could hardly see through the rain, but the trail is in awesome shape. The only bad part was when the trees started creaking and sounding like they were going to come down on top of me.

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
Yeah, I didn't make it to upper county for work today... 10 is closed above and below the house, 97 is closed w/ 5-6 feet of water over it near Smithson, so that leaves Thorp- not exactly high ground. :(

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
First snow and now rain... I'll bet one of my trail bridges is way down stream now. (Normally 2+ feet above the water.) Kids got out of school early so the drivers could all get them home before they get stranded too.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

YoPawn said:
How's Colonnade holding up to the rain?
There are sections of Colonnade i've never seen so wet, worked out perfect for me, spread out over 2 ton crushed gravel on all of Tqalu greasy spots yesterday.

·
Build More = Ride More
1,442 Posts
Skookum said:

There are sections of Colonnade i've never seen so wet, worked out perfect for me, spread out over 2 ton crushed gravel on all of Tqalu greasy spots yesterday.
Haven't been by in a while. Is there a giant pile of gravel there or was that trucked in for just Tqalu?

I know plenty of spots that could use some.

·
Last word is all yours...
1,091 Posts
Ironically, this weather will probably make me ride even more...

... (at Colonnade anyway), since the ski areas are so battered (and two thumbs way down on the slide that wiped out Hyak today) :sad: :sad:

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
pics FTW!

Mud slide at Hyak

And a little Blewett Pass action

I noticed the Ganges was running at full flow today, West Eburg is getting trashed, my roommate just found out he is out of a job for the foreseeable future as Perkins Restaurant has three feet of water flowing through it right now. My truck has been broken down since Xmas waiting for a fuel pump to come across the pass. I never thought I'd get sick of riding my bike but this weather is getting a little ridiculous.

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
:( I'm sorry.

Our house is OK and is most likely to remain so (THANK GOODNESS), but what remains a big question is the roads. The dike on the diversion dam on the Yakima off 10 is just shy of being topped off, and the pond behind it is filling to that level fast. I'm worried about it being breached at this rate- especially since I've heard we're only supposed to see the Yak crest on FRIDAY. :(

I got my first ride of the season in today just checking out the 'neighborhood' since most car traffic has been shut down. 1.5+ hours of spinning around, popping pics, hoping I can make it in and out of here all week... It occurs to me yet again that I'm glad we've got bikes and I'm glad we've got trailers for kid and for stuff and I'm glad we could get out of here on them if push came to shove.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

YoPawn said:
Haven't been by in a while. Is there a giant pile of gravel there or was that trucked in for just Tqalu?

I know plenty of spots that could use some.
My truck, i picked up a couple ton on a couple trips. Since i'm not working i'm taking care of the issues at Tqalu now, and not waiting for the maintenance agreement. Just trying to keep busy and it's likely when i start working again, i'll be devoting alot of time to get more of that money stuff.

verslowrdr said:
It occurs to me yet again that I'm glad we've got bikes and I'm glad we've got trailers for kid and for stuff and I'm glad we could get out of here on them if push came to shove
Shoot you're gonna need a kayak, not a bike. SS Minnow.

Clutchman83 said:
Mud slide at Hyak
That's crazy. Y'know they banned mountain bikes from Snoqualmie, supposedly because of endangered salamanders. i sure hope no salamanders were hurt in that slide.

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Just craziness...

Lots of on-line chatter about Hyak. (The Holy Oly may need to be "modified" this year.) :eek: Ya think?

I assume that the Dino replacement will go to the top of the list now.

As for that Blewett washout. I believe that's the same place they were putting lots of large rocks into the river last year just south of the Teanaway Road turnoff on 970. Yeow!

Prepping to be on our own island tomorrow...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Skookum said:

You look great in this pic, glad you are feeling much better. You should start taking some vitamines though, ital make your skin complection brighton up.:D

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,900 Posts
As of 8:30 tonight, husband reports river is over the dike on the Yakima diversion dam off hwy 10. That island effect Borneo is talking about is a very real possibility by tomorrow. Fortunately we haven't lost power (yet).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.