Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What day are you playing hookie this week??

My boss is coming to town tomorrow. Then my wife is going to Vegas for the weekend. I must get out now! I'll bring my camera even. Pics later.

fc

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
Thanks for sharing Francis..Thanks for sharing Francis. I won’t lie and say that I’m jealous of two things:
1 – you being able to ride all the time like that (during work hours)
2 – that steelman CX bike - wow!!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
francois said:
What day are you playing hookie this week??

My boss is coming to town tomorrow. Then my wife is going to Vegas for the weekend. I must get out now! I'll bring my camera even. Pics later.

fc
You have a boss? I thought you were the boss :confused:

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GuruAtma said:
You have a boss? I thought you were the boss :confused:
Yes I do. But he works in the East Coast and comes here on occasion to kick my tail. So I'm up at 6am this morning preparing my TPS reports.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
35,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Acadian said:
Thanks for sharing Francis..Thanks for sharing Francis. I won't lie and say that I'm jealous of two things:
1 - you being able to ride all the time like that (during work hours)
2 - that steelman CX bike - wow!!
Hey, you're the one who rides Fremont Older almost everyday! The CX bike is nice so I'm selling my fancy carbon road bike. It's just going to be the Steelman from here on.

Something interesting... I saw a coyote chasing a bobcat yesterday over there. Those coyotes at Fremont Older are pretty badass!

fc

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
francois said:
Hey, you're the one who rides Fremont Older almost everyday! The CX bike is nice so I'm selling my fancy carbon road bike. It's just going to be the Steelman from here on.

Something interesting... I saw a coyote chasing a bobcat yesterday over there. Those coyotes at Fremont Older are pretty badass!

fc
yeah I love doing pre-work rides at FO. but I haven't been there in a while because lately I've had to be at work early for meetings - so I've been doing a lot of retarded early morning Calaveras Road climbs on my CX bike! I've also been toying the idea of upgrading my CX bike…(I posted about it on your Road Bike site - in the beginners forum)

yeah those FO coyotes are indeed bad ass - also a little too used to the humans for my taste ;o) This morning while exiting my neighborhood on my way to climb Calaveras I saw a huge cat and raccoon having a stare down contest on some front yard…LOL! wonder who won that battle ;)

·
Registered
11,774 Posts
4 that meeting with the "bobs" @ 10

francois said:
Yes I do. But he works in the East Coast and comes here on occasion to kick my tail. So I'm up at 6am this morning preparing my TPS reports.

fc
cant say that i really missed work...

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
Oh man, all my rides are squeezed in around 9-5 work and family. Last night it was two hours on the road bike, in the dark, this morning it was up at 5AM and another two hours on the road bike. Tomorrow night it's my mountain bike night ride. Can't wait!

Wish I could take a day off!

Morgan, dad, salaryman, bike rider

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
morganfletcher said:
Oh man, all my rides are squeezed in around 9-5 work and family. Last night it was two hours on the road bike, in the dark, this morning it was up at 5AM and another two hours on the road bike. Tomorrow night it's my mountain bike night ride. Can't wait!

Wish I could take a day off!

Morgan, dad, salaryman, bike rider
I know the feeling (other than teh family part)....for the past week I've been on my road bike at like 4am in the morning! A man's got to do what a man's got to do to ride his bikecycle :thumbsup:

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
4 am! I am very envious of that, trouble waking up at 6.30 am and making it to work.

So what is the trick for those early riders? Coffee, crack....

Waiting until the time changes and we get some more light than you will find me at JMP/Redwoods ALL the time!

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
baycat said:
4 am! I am very envious of that, trouble waking up at 6.30 am and making it to work.

Waiting until the time changes and we get some more light than you will find me at JMP/Redwoods ALL the time!
trick: the excitement of riding!!! I typically go to bed EXCITED to get up the next morning - because I know I'll get to ride my bike.

Coffee also helps ;)

·
bicycle rider
2,718 Posts
baycat said:

The motivation has to come from within, you can't leverage yourself into doing them.

I am highly motivated to lose some of my post-cross weight and not get my ass kicked this racing season, and be ready for cyclocross come next fall. I want to go fast, and be good for 3-4 hours racing and not be the last guy up the hill on rides.

Plus, this morning I got to watch the World Cyclocross Championships (elite men) in high-def from the Belgian Sporza tv feed while I had tea and cereal. I was motivated to have that hour to watch it, from 5-6. Getting up early means I get time to myself before wife and kids get up. (Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays my wife goes to work early and I am in charge of breakfasts, lunch, getting kids up, dressed, spelling words practiced, to school, etc.)

Morgan

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
thanks for the responses morgan and luc. Hard for me to go to bed early, really a night person and don't drink coffee, so I gotta find something else.

Think I might be waking up a bit earlier to hit some trails in the next few weeks. No traffic, fresh trails and a quick awakening because I hate waiting until the weekend to ride!

Or take out the bike for a short spin in the Presidio ;)

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
yeah mornings aren't for everyone (good for me ;) ) I like solitude that morning rides brings me. When I ride, nothing else matter…

I also like the fact that:
- for the most part, it's quiet
- you get to eat cobwebs (e.g. first on the trail)
- you don't cross to many hikers, equestrians, joggers or other bikers
- you get the see the shining moon, then sunrise
- you're done early, which means you have time to chill a bit if you plan on riding AGAIN later in the day :eek:) Nothing like some dirt in the am followed by MORE dirt in the PM (or a road ride).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.