Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ridin the LL

As a beginniner I have riddend the trail and while it was tough for me it is a very good trail.
I am sure as my riding improves so will my enjoyment of a trail like the LL.

·
Registered
198 Posts
going to try it out tomorrow

BUMP has a group ride scheduled for tomorrow at Lake Lurleen. Several of the members have been there but I think only one or two since the loop has been completed. Looking forward to the ride....will be my first time there. Should be there around 9:00 am.

Ride On!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Very nice trail

Had an interesting ride today. Turned out to be 14 of us that drove down form Birmingham. Was a little hot today but the trail was great. Actually met some of the local guys just finishing a bridge across the swamp/stream about 3-4 miles from the north end of the loop. I think we were the first group to cross the bridge. A couple of the faster riders in our group got there before it was actually finished and had to walk around a portion. Lucky for me, I was in a pack that was a little slower...lol. Very nice bridge, and a great new trail section.

About 2 miles from the north trailhead a big storm blew up and cooled things off and we got a nice rain just as I made it to the road, so we hit the little pavilion. A couple of the guys had run out of water, so we waited the rain and filled the hydration packs and water bottles at the hydrant by the pavilion while several families celebrated one of their children's birthdays.

Was waiting on the last of the group to show up and it turns out that one of the riders went down about two miles from the end (I think in the one STEEP whoop). Pretty nasty chainring cut to the back of the calf, but they rode it on out before packing off for some stitches. Hope everything turns out OK.

I thought the trail was great. Look forward to heading back when the weather cools off a little. The ups and downs can be brutal when it hits 98 degrees out there. Big thanks to all of the volunteers who helped finish the trail and are still working to make it better.

Ride On!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.