Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined today and it said I should make a post so here is my first contribution.

Weehoo mini review

I was on this web site before Christmas and saw a review for a product called the Weehoo. I use an Adams Trail Bike but it is not practical for longer rides due to stability and comfort. The reviewer points out that this can be used for much longer rides than just around the block. So I took the plunge and bought one for Christmas. I have been so thrilled with my purchase I felt compelled to share.

First off my son can ride his own bike very well. The Weehoo is not for me to ride with him it is for him to ride with me. Now my son can experiance riding with me on my kind of ride. Not just a pedal around the block. He loves the trails now.

Every morning before I leave for work my son asks me if we can ride in the night when I get home. I think we have ridden four or five time a week since we got it.

What I like:
1) I like the sitting down seat for comfortable long rides.

2)The pedals really get the bike moving.

3)The seat belt means they can fall asleep if they choice and no chance of falling off.

4)The chain guard is unique. I like it because it keeps my car clean and keeps the hands safe.

5)Weehoo has plenty of storage space.

6)It is clearly a well made product. Quality workmanship and a cleaver design.

7)Safety: I read that they beat astm test by 10 fold (not sure what test)
I like the cold forged steal hitch, it is very sturdy.

8)It is made from standard bike parts so I was able to put a knobby tire on and now its perfect for some off road trails.

Things I don't like:
1)Give me two hitches so I can have one for each bike.

2)Make it in different colors its only available in red.

3)I would like to see some kind of sun/rain protection. I like the fact that it is open but it would be a nice option to add on.

This is an exciting option for the parents that want to take their children on rides with them. If you don't have kids of course this wont appeal to you. I have been very impressed so far. :thumbsup:

The website is www.weehoogear.com

Here is the review I saw that prompted me to buy it http://reviews.mtbr.com/blog/weehoo-i-go-child-trailer-review/

Thanks for reading and I look forward to being a member here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got one! We took it out last night. Hands down beats anything I have tried. I understand all the hype now.

Take a look at these reviews if you are shopping for a trailer.

AWESOME!

Reviewer: Anonymous , Cumming, GA Date: March 08, 2010
It all started with my wife and I deciding to pick up two used bikes to ride. Our next dilemma was our 4 year old and how we would enjoy going for rides. Sure, our 8 yo could ride, but now what? Enter the WEEHOO!!! WOW! This thing is awesome. I got the extra hitch in case my wife wants to pull it one of these days. My 4 yo pedals and pedals and really enjoys it. She didn't want to get out of it and let our 8 yo try it. When she did, the 8 yo loved it just as much. Not flimsy, very sturdy for curbs, trails, whatever. My little one really feels safe. She could never imagine herself in one of those buggy trailers or the attachment with the handle bars and seat. She would last about a minute on that before wanting to get off. She rode for over 2 hours straight her first time out on the Weehoo. It has really turned us on to biking a lot more often. As for customer service...how about one of their knowledgeable business guys answering your call and offering to have their engineer call you for any in depth questions he couldn't answer. BTW - he answered all of my questions just fine. We love it so much, we are planning on taking pictures of our kids riding the Weehoo to send in to the company.

Reviewer: Paul , Littleton, CO Date: March 08, 2010
We recently purchase this for my 7 year old daughter who has Down syndrome and is also autistic. The product is awesome, very comfortable for her and overall easy to get in and out of. She loves it. Our family is very active and we love the Colorado outdoors. We now have an activity that the entire family can enjoy together. It is well designed, safe and very solid,only criticism is it is a little heavy. Well worth the money. A must for active families with kids with physical limitations.

Reviewer: Anonymous , Date: February 24, 2010
My family just got back from our cycling vacation in Monterey California. It was an amazing three day two night trip. We rode an average of 40 miles a day. It is just breath taking scenery. I purchased the Weehoo with this trip in mind. My family rides this ride every year, it has become tradition. We used a Chariot for the past two years, but when I saw this I went hmmm. I loved the idea so I got one rushed to me. We took the b.o.b utility trailer and the Weehoo this time. We saw another family using a Weehoo on the same tour in California. The Weehoo lived up to the hype. I would even go as far as to say it made the vacation more enjoyable than the last two years. My wife ended up pulling the Weehoo and I pulled the utility trailer. My daughter required less stops this year but may be that's because she is a year older. The pedaling kept her engaged and she really felt like she was a part of a team which was very cute. She would egg my wife on to go faster. This is a must if you do any long long with your children. I will be using this it a lot. We pull the Chariot everywhere but I have a sneaky feeling my daughter has moved on to the Weehoo now. I am very happy with my purchase.

Reviewer: Dave Walker , Houston TX Date: December 15, 2009
I have had the Weehoo for three weeks now and I have found myself riding more than ever. My son will not get out of the Weehoo he loves it so much (he calls it his rocket ship).

This past weekend I took the Weehoo on a twenty five mile ride with some of my friends from the office. I must say it handled great on the trail. We did some "off roading" that had my son enthusiastically yelling "WEEHOO"!!!!

I was surprised at how effective the pedals are, I can really feel him pedal. I like the fact that he is getting exercise as well. If you want your child to be a part of the ride this is an amazing product. It does not shake like my tag-a-long bike making it a much smoother ride. I have found the Weehoo to be easy, and fun to use.
22 of 22 people found this review helpful Was this review helpful? WEEHOO!!!!

Reviewer: Anonymous , Santa Monica, CA Date: November 21, 2009
My wife and I saw the Weehoo at Navy Pier in Chicago and we had to have one. We have been thrilled with the amount of riding we have been able to do, not to mention all the attention we get when riding:) We wanted to use it on both our bikes so we purchased an extra hitch, it is quick and simple to change from bike to bike. I guess it was simple to change without the extra hitch but I am a sucker for accessories. There is ample storage and my wife even goes on grocery store runs with it, in fact she rides for most of her errands now... even taking Ella to pre-school. We have used a tag-a-long in the past and it just was always wobbling and hard to control. I was always concerned about safety. I love the seat and safety harness, it has a very solid feel to it. Ella is four and she loves to pedal, I was amazed that I can feel her pushing the bike forward instead of me pulling her. It is hard to get her off the Weehoo; she is always asking to go riding on the Weehoo. We are riding more than we ever have since we had kids. This is a fun product that will grow with the Ella and hey it's freeing me up to do what I love. I wish this was around when my teenager was younger. If you want to ride with your children and keep them engaged on the ride, get this.
41 of 41 people found this review

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the design makes a ton of sense. I have a 7-year-old who has been riding a trail-a-bike (Chariot Catch-em) since he was 5. My one complaint is that he gets very fidgety after 2 hours (we limit rides to 3.5 hours max). The recumbent design of the Weehoo allows for a more relaxed sitting position and the lower ride probably makes it more exiting - a lot like street luge. Good work - I love these new designs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just bought one of these iGo thingys last weekend. My 2.5 year old and I have logged probably 30 miles on it already!! He loves it, and I love it even more. So awesome!!! It's really well made, great design that I feel totally safe towing my son in.

I agree with the above - the only thing that would make this even better is a variety of colors (although I don't mind the standard red) and some type of removeable wind / sunscreen attachment or cover. Other than that, it's near perfection. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How do you keep the trailer and bike upright so you can strap in your child? With my Chariot I lay the bike down while strapping in my daughter. If this trailer isn't awkward to strap in I may sell my Chariot and try one of these.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's a good question - I just lean my bike / trailer up against something so it won't fall, and get them in. Works fine. Either that or I have my wife or someone hold the bike up. I suppose you could add a kickstand....... :D

I find the trailer actually adds more stability to the bike when the bike is leaning against something, so I feel completely comfortable strapping my child in the iGo while everything is just leaning against a wall / tree / etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.