Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rear wheel was out of dish so i brought it into the shoo and had one of the guys dish it so its perfectly true and perfectly dished. When i bring it home and put it on the bike somethings not right. Its off but at least 1 1/2 inches and now it rubs on the frame, bent swingarm? help...

Attachments

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
He might have dished it wrong since not all frames have the same offsets...

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
East Coast Bender said:
oh so different frames have different dishes? that makes sense. so bascially dish it towards the casette 1 inch and i should be fine?
I dunno, just look up the frame online. I'm sure it says somewhere. But in essence that's all you really have to do just got to know the specific amount.

·
Registered
421 Posts
East Coast Bender said:
So my rear wheel was out of dish so i brought it into the shoo and had one of the guys dish it so its perfectly true and perfectly dished. When i bring it home and put it on the bike somethings not right. Its off but at least 1 1/2 inches and now it rubs on the frame, bent swingarm? help...
Did you bring in just the wheel? If so take it back with your bike and have them take a look at it.

It's relatively easy to adjust dish a moderate amount but 1.5 inches is a lot. All you have to do is loosen the spokes a quarter turn on one side and tighten a quarter on the other with the wheel on the bike. Go all the way around the rim loosening and then go around once tightening. Repeat until the dish is good.

·
high school loser
1,313 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
your bike is like your penis. don't let someone you don't fully trust play with it.....
or, your bike is like your penis, dont let anybody touch it unless they know wat they're doing.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
nobody242424 said:
or, your bike is like your penis, dont let anybody touch it unless they know wat they're doing.
umm currently my bike is havign some leaking problems, so does that mean my penis is leaking shoudl i get it checked out?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so i pulled my wheel over so it doesnt rub and i installed the XTR der. and now my bike back pedals! before it couldnt because one of my jockey wheels seized...but its good now. Im going riding tomorrow so ill have some action shot up tomorrow night and thanks everyone for ur suggestions

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.