Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
sandbagger
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My crash at 45mph at Sunrise Ski Resort Downhill - YouTube

Rear brake line kinked during rear suspension forward wheelmovement pushing it into the tire putting a hole in the line on the few long jumps before crash. So i only had front brakes and couldn't control it long at all.

I had all my armor on and sprained my hand and got some rash down my hip and lower back.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That was gnarly-glad you weren't hurt worse!

I am not posting these links as a "Bet you wish you..." thing but as info for others that come across your post. I am sure you already have been looking into this during your downtime.

Here are three places that sell wrist braces. If anyone is worried about limited mobility with one on, look at the athletes in the ads. Also- I personally know a half dozen Freestyle Motocross riders that wear some of these same brands and ARE NOT sponsored by them. If it works for X Games gold medalists, they will work for you if you want to wear them.

Allsport Dynamics

:: SixSixOne Protection ::

EVS Sports - Products

Once again man- that video was bad and I hope you heal up okay. Wrist injuries suck!

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Ouch the wrist is not supposed to bend like that...is that 45mph in pinkbike measurements ;)

·
sandbagger
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ouch the wrist is not supposed to bend like that...is that 45mph in pinkbike measurements ;)
GPS the run before was 42mph going to slippery rock. This time i had a quarter mile more going to yardsale.

Ive got a ton of video of the whole day just havent messed with it yet.

·
sandbagger
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was gnarly-glad you weren't hurt worse!

I am not posting these links as a "Bet you wish you..." thing but as info for others that come across your post. I am sure you already have been looking into this during your downtime.

Here are three places that sell wrist braces. If anyone is worried about limited mobility with one on, look at the athletes in the ads. Also- I personally know a half dozen Freestyle Motocross riders that wear some of these same brands and ARE NOT sponsored by them. If it works for X Games gold medalists, they will work for you if you want to wear them.

Allsport Dynamics

:: SixSixOne Protection ::

EVS Sports - Products

Once again man- that video was bad and I hope you heal up okay. Wrist injuries suck!

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
GPS the run before was 44mph going to slippery rock. This time i had a quarter mile more going to yardsale.
:D Just messing I tired to use strava as trimble doesn't work on my new phone but it said 57mph on lift line :eek: ..What a joke as I know for a fact I wasn't going that fast if I was then I should have blown a tire right off..I also used strava sunday for sixshooter and it said it was 3.8miles and I had an average speed of 36mph which again I know better.The week before it registered as 9 miles with a max speed of 6.4miles per hour :madman: Can't wait for trimbles next update to support my new phone for accuracy once again.

Heal up

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have the money, allsport dynamics stuff is no joke, I tried them on at interbike last year and they felt very well made and pretty comfortable. I wish I was able to ride with them to see how they felt, but they are definitely on my wishlist!

·
"No Clue Crew"
1,231 Posts
OUCH ! Get you some leeches for that hand !
The last time my hand looked like that was from a crash on Nemesis. The Indians are out to get us, one wrist at a time. Heal quick.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did you do any permanent damage?I wish sticking your hand out wasn't such a instinctual reaction.ill probably being dealing with the effects of that move for the rest of my life.Hope you got that scaphoid checked.

·
sandbagger
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GoPro is on the wrong side of your helmet ...
there is no wrong or right side, you go for what view you like. I have a bunch of custom made mounts for it also.

when its on the right side the lens is closer to the helmet blocking some of the wide angle. i put it on the left to put the lens further away from the helmet getting wider FOV

1 - 20 of 31 Posts