Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Bike to the Bone...
Joined
·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
I´m not sure it is a scam...

For example

rzozaya1969 said:
Hi, just browsing mercado libre, I came with this:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-11922634-importacion-de-bicicletas-de-montana-y-de-ruta-_JM

Basicaly, they say they can bring any bike to Mexico for aroun 90 usd... I don't trust them, anyway...
90 bucks is not that off of shipping a bike to Mexico and still have some room for profit margins. He might have a way to transport bike stuff frecuently (using extra cargo capacity of trucks coming from Nevada for example). I am positive it can be done on a regular basis.

Misleading??... well, that is another issue. Does the 90 bucks cover for the import duties? that´s not especified in the ad. Maybe there are some other hidden cost he doesn´t mention.

The seller has a very good reputation, If you think 90 bucks is a good price, you should contact him to know what does the 90bucks include.

rzozaya1969 said:
Edit:
Do you want a Specialized S-Works dually for $1,200 pesos?
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-12041075-_JM
(well, to be honest, the seller mentions that it has the wrong stickers).
He says is a Diamond Back (with specialized stickers). Diamond backs are really cheap, and besides, it is a used frame. I think it is a fair price to pay for that frame (i wouldn´t pay more than 200 bucks for it)

Then again, misleading???? o yeah!!!! Either the guy knows nothing about bikes, or he´s trying to sell something that is not what he says. He says the suspension desing is very similar to a FSR. Well.. it is, it is a dually and has a shock on it!!!!. The DB has a SP design.
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
rzozaya1969 said:
Hi, just browsing mercado libre, I came with this:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-11922634-importacion-de-bicicletas-de-montana-y-de-ruta-_JM

Basicaly, they say they can bring any bike to Mexico for aroun 90 usd... I don't trust them, anyway...

Edit:
Do you want a Specialized S-Works dually for $1,200 pesos?
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-12041075-_JM
(well, to be honest, the seller mentions that it has the wrong stickers).
Have you looked at this one?? Mountain Cycle Rumble

Made just aside your current ML... probably welded by the same guy. Even if it's designed around a 4" fork, 5" would put the geometry just equal to the Chameleon's. Actually like a half degree steeper at the seat-tube, which is better. Hard to beat for the price and quality. Mountain Cycles reportedly have even better paint jobs than Titus'. Available in as many colours and sizes.

It would be a nice option for any of the young'uns.

Rocky_Rene was who showed me that link a while ago. Seems legitimate... but I don't know. He was also quoted 20% of the article value for whatever part he would like to bring in.

I guess you have to bid for them to show you their info and find out more. Be our guinea pig, please.

The "Spesh" frame is a good offer... if you consider you can get a new Alubike for as much money. If fitted with a nice rear shock, it would be a serious trail weapon in the right hands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
Warp said:
Have you looked at this one?? Mountain Cycle Rumble

Made just aside your current ML... probably welded by the same guy. Even if it's designed around a 4" fork, 5" would put the geometry just equal to the Chameleon's. Actually like a half degree steeper at the seat-tube, which is better. Hard to beat for the price and quality. Mountain Cycles reportedly have even better paint jobs than Titus'. Available in as many colours and sizes.

It would be a nice option for any of the young'uns.

Rocky_Rene was who showed me that link a while ago. Seems legitimate... but I don't know. He was also quoted 20% of the article value for whatever part he would like to bring in.

I guess you have to bid for them to show you their info and find out more. Be our guinea pig, please.

The "Spesh" frame is a good offer... if you consider you can get a new Alubike for as much money. If fitted with a nice rear shock, it would be a serious trail weapon in the right hands.
Rumble!!!…..:eekster: As you might know, I've been drawling fro one of those for a long time. Cambria use to have the pre-2005 models at a very reasonable price. AFAIK, the post sale service of MC is very good, which is a plus.
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
ritopc said:
Rumble!!!…..:eekster: As you might know, I've been drawling fro one of those for a long time. Cambria use to have the pre-2005 models at a very reasonable price. AFAIK, the post sale service of MC is very good, which is a plus.
There you go... get one while they last.

I've heard good things about greenfish... you can't go wrong for that price.
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
tacubaya said:
JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH!!!!!!!!

He can change everything, dont question his authoroty as he is the allmighty prophet.
Yes, I can.... :devil:

THOU SHALT NOT QUESTION WARP :nono:

Haven't you parents ever told to you "Do as I do, this ain't a democracy"??
Same situation. :D :D

545... I PM'ed Gregg and he fixed it. He even sugested me to do so and look something more alike to Titus, but damn... if just removing the "2003" was a shock, imagine what would be missing "Warp" all over.:eek:
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Anyone has a digital camera I can borrow?

I need to post pics of a new toy I just got.

The Purple Santa of FedUp just brought a huge box....

She's big, humungous, looks allmighty in its baby-poo color and 150mm of travel.

Now I have to get some 7.5wt oil to make an oil change. Hell, the provious owner even left the CK headset baseplate. A quick visit to cut a bit of steerer and push the star nut deeper and on the Blade it goes.

Anyone guess what is it?
Anyone can lend a camera?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
Warp said:
Anyone has a digital camera I can borrow?

I need to post pics of a new toy I just got.

The Purple Santa of FedUp just brought a huge box....

She's big, humungous, looks allmighty in its baby-poo color and 150mm of travel.

Now I have to get some 7.5wt oil to make an oil change. Hell, the provious owner even left the CK headset baseplate. A quick visit to cut a bit of steerer and push the star nut deeper and on the Blade it goes.

Anyone guess what is it?
Anyone can lend a camera?
Had to leave the baseplate, its needed.................. The baby poo mustard colour grows on you, trust me......... Mah ha ha ha :thumbsup:
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Whafe said:
Had to leave the baseplate, its needed.................. The baby poo mustard colour grows on you, trust me......... Mah ha ha ha :thumbsup:
Laddies and Gentlemen (yeah, I meant Laddies)....

Let me introduce Whafe... the most generous person I've met in my life!!!
(and owner of the BLINGIEST bike I've ever seen)

There's must be something in the water because all Kiwis I've met are just like that... cool, crazy and generous people.

BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU, WHAFE!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Me hates pinchflat
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Warp said:
Anyone has a digital camera I can borrow?

I need to post pics of a new toy I just got.

The Purple Santa of FedUp just brought a huge box....

She's big, humungous, looks allmighty in its baby-poo color and 150mm of travel.

Now I have to get some 7.5wt oil to make an oil change. Hell, the provious owner even left the CK headset baseplate. A quick visit to cut a bit of steerer and push the star nut deeper and on the Blade it goes.

Anyone guess what is it?
Anyone can lend a camera?
Mmmm, humongous? Oh I know! Its a super monster reduced to 150mm of travel.....with Whafe's poo smudged on it! :D niiiice....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
Warp said:
Laddies and Gentlemen (yeah, I meant Laddies)....

Let me introduce Whafe... the most generous person I've met in my life!!!
(and owner of the BLINGIEST bike I've ever seen)

There's must be something in the water because all Kiwis I've met are just like that... cool, crazy and generous people.

BIG THUMBS UP TO YOU, WHAFE!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
All, this guy Warp deserves this hugely. He is a natural giver, seldom seen in this here world in my opinion, His time and dedication to me questions has been magic, along with everyone else too for that matter.................. Lets hope the dude enjoys it.

MATE!!!! Go the AB's....................... ANd for that matter Mexico on their next game..:thumbsup:
 
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top