Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
35,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last night and today is supposed to be the most promising of these storms. Well I peak outside and it's bone dry. Rainfall has been .01 inch in San Jose and it looks like the storm is missing to the south.

I guess that's good. Time to ride in the cold!!

This whole week of rain has been a bust. All this rain in December has amounted to about an inch of rain in San Jose. It is weaksauce. We're still at 65% of annual rate.

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/PacificSatellite.aspx?animate=true

How's the rain for everyone been?

fc

·
Registered
567 Posts
Been raining like crazy in the Central Valley, look at the radar maps for the last few of hours. Should put Hogan and Red Hills in great shape.

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,459 Posts
Yeah, not much rain here in SF either. About a tenth of an inch this morning. We need more rain!

The rainfall gauges do have SoCal as being above normal. Maybe they won't need to take so much of our water next year.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Yeah it rained pretty much all night up here too. Just a slight sprinkle right now as I eat my oatmeal and get ready for my commute in the drizzly cold pre-christmas morning.

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
WE got some light sprinkly....

francois said:
Last night and today is supposed to be the most promising of these storms. Well I peak outside and it's bone dry. Rainfall has been .01 inch in San Jose and it looks like the storm is missing to the south.

I guess that's good. Time to ride in the cold!!

This whole week of rain has been a bust. All this rain in December has amounted to about an inch of rain in San Jose. It is weaksauce. We're still at 65% of annual rate.

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/PacificSatellite.aspx?animate=true

How's the rain for everyone been?

fc
... rain in Oakland.

THe good news is that it looks like my drainage project seems to be working. I found all the original terra cotta pipe under my yard from 1935, and hooked my roof gutter downspouts back into it. The previous knucklehead owners of our house paved the backyard in concrete... right over the original drainage system. Years go by, concrete settles banked right into the house.... rain.... flooded basement.

So I jackhammered out all the concrete.... flooding stops! Add some digging, couplings, cleanouts, caps and 3" Schedule 40, Now with the drains working as they should, I can finally fill in the holes and get rid of my standing mud, weed festival of an unusable backyard... finished and gardened and such.

Merry Christmas to me!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
We've had fairly steady light rain in Santa Rosa. I hope it rains a lot up here; I'm going to LA tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Dan'ger said:
Rained like crazy all night in Pleasant Hill. I was awakened a few times by the hammering of big drops on the roof.
You sure that it wasn't the tapping of reindeer toes?

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,859 Posts
Sun is out here in Stockton, and the college girls are parading around in their halter tops and cutoffs.

fp

·
Mtbr Founder
35,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finch Platte said:
Sun is out here in Stockton, and the college girls are parading around in their halter tops and cutoffs.

fp
Hurrah for Stocktontucky! Merry new year pinch flat.

fc

·
Ultra Ventanaphile
3,346 Posts
singlespeed.org said:
The rainfall gauges do have SoCal as being above normal. Maybe they won't need to take so much of our water next year.
HA! I wish! Biggest rip off of the modern age is never going to stop!

That being said, it can rain for 100 straight days in the Valley/Bay are and it wont' matter if we don't get snowpack. THAT radar looked impressive last night. Every body keep their fingers crossed for a 150% snowpack this year, that will go a long way to helping our water issues this coming year.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,341 Posts
iheartbicycles said:
You sure that it wasn't the tapping of reindeer toes?
Shouldn't you be out working on the new bike? :)

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
zorg said:
Shouldn't you be out working on the new bike? :)
I'm waiting somewhat un-patiently for brown santa!

Unfortunatly this bike is inorganic, atleast compared to the last one.

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Dan'ger said:
I'm not sure what they would have been doing up there. Roofing my house perhaps?
Fleecing the neighborhood.

Never trust anyone that can fly around the world in one night. Obviously, they're hopped up on crank.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It hasn't rained enough here in Chico. We need a ton of rain and snowpack to have any hopes of filling up Lake Oroville. Pretty sure Shasta Lake is in the same condition.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Drizzling in SF, slipped on the cable car tracks this morning and almost ate it. Friday ride is looking good, as is Sunday ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts