Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
WNC Native
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several different rigid SS 29er's, I'm hoping I finally have the geometry nailed down that I've been searching for. I spent a lot of time deciding on the components of this build (stem and seat post will probably be replaced with Thomson soon). I've gotten rather tired of swapping frames, parts, etc....

So planning on keeping this one in the stable for a long time!!

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,130 Posts
Nice, burly build!

I like it. Looks like a bomber, no nonsense build. I know I'd be digging it, but then again, I like Blackbucks! :D

So now that you have this, I will have to show you the Series II Blackbuck, coming this summer..................

I think I'll be having two OS Bike soon!

Attachments

·
recognize the slowness
484 Posts
GT,

Do you know if the Gen II will have the silver as an option still? I am not a white bike fan and like the orig...also an XL to fit I know is in the works...

BTW you suck getting to try all the new stuff! @#@$

JK, thanks for leaking some info to keep us going.

JB

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,130 Posts
jbflyfshr said:
GT,

Do you know if the Gen II will have the silver as an option still? I am not a white bike fan and like the orig...also an XL to fit I know is in the works...

BTW you suck getting to try all the new stuff! @#@$

JK, thanks for leaking some info to keep us going.

JB
First of all, I am sorry for the hi-jack of this thread. The point was to say that the OP's bike is awesome and that he'll need another one now. :p

Just kidding about the last part!

Anyway, The new Blackbuck details are yet to be released, other than the new sizes. Medium, Large, XL, and possibly a fourth size.

No news on color options, and I'd bet that this is it.

Back to nitrousjunky's bike now! :cool:

·
WNC Native
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Cruso- Yeah I was beginning to wonder myself!

GT- Gen II is looking nice!! Here I am thinking about a FS 29er project next and you have to throw this up. Hmm one rigid and one with a thru axle fork, maybe later on.;)

I personally like the Gen I paint scheme better, but I dig Gen II also.

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,130 Posts
Answers

The Series I Blackbuck would correspond to a size large. I know for sure that Series II will have a Med, XL, and I am not sure what the fourth size might be. (XXL?)

The pic I posted is from my European contributor to Twenty Nine Inches which he took at Riva del Garda Italy. It is an insanely beautiful view. I thought those Baroque painters were just making that stuff up! ;) :p Turns out it really does look like that out in that part of the world.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.